Roger may not fight BJJ Worlds in 06

driano

White Belt
Reaction score
395696259200585121931_1.jpg

Picture by Levy Ribeiro

Upset about the results of his fight with Ronaldo Jacar

That's a really weird picture. It looks like Roger has 3 legs!

whaaaaaa,,,whaaaaa

i understand hes mad, but he would have lost on advantages anyway.
obviously carlinhos thought it was ok or he would have had something about it.

Roger-dont go out like that, suck it up, your one of the three best out there right now.

iclimb513 said:
That's a really weird picture. It looks like Roger has 3 legs!

lol it really does.

the takedown shouldnt have counted, but he would have lost anyway. you can't complain about shitty ref decisions in a match that close. it was really too close to call. but again, roger was the only one who made an attempt to finish the fight. jacare seems to play for points when he fights roger, even tho he submits everyone else, even marcelo. jacare won tho.

i dont blame jacare for playing points with roger it seems to be the best strategy against him.
i would like to see them have a no time limit super fight.

I dont know, when looking into the "rules" of a takedown, he did get him. roger was off balance, but then again what the fuck do i know, i'm a noob white belt.

No way Roger is going to walk away from the CBJJ. Roger is Gracie Barra. CBJJ is run by Gracie Barra. He's just upset about the officiating.

i have been upset at refs for letting guys lock down half guard and lay 290 lbs on me for 3 minutes . but that is a good strategy against me ...at one time.
i hope he does come back next year, i want to see him and jacare in the finals every year, maybe galvao sometime soon also

i have been upset at refs for letting guys lock down half guard and lay 290 lbs on me for 3 minutes . but that is a good strategy against me ...at one time.
i hope he does come back next year, i want to see him and jacare in the finals every year, maybe galvao sometime soon also

Crying because he lost.

Quite clearly the takedown was started in bounds, he ran out of bounds to avoid it. The fence saved him. And what exactly is he complaining about again?

I didn't see the fight but I'll tell you one thing. If Jacare was going hard for the take down, and had Roger clearly in trouble, off balance, and they were advancing off of the mat due to momentum (and usually a little help from the guy in trouble as he favors going out of bounds).....then Jacare clearly gets points for a takedown. That is HOW it works. It's not necessarily if he takes him down in bounds.

You can look at the win in the ADCC superfight of Arona and Kerr, when Arona won their bout in the exact same way, with a takedown going out of bounds.

And you can look to the ADCC fight between Saulo Ribiero and Jeff Monson, where i think Saulo won in a similar fashion.

there is history and precedence on the side of the Jacare decision if that is how he took down Roger

I'd also like to see a no time limit superfight between the two. Submission or first to 20 points (or something ridiculous like that)

Gi or No-gi.

Familiar with ADCC?

...guess not.

I thought ADCC had a time limit. First 10 minutes no points and then it starts? Superfights have different rules, yes? But Jacare and Roger didn't meet in a superfight, they fought in the absolutes right? Which have time limits?

From ADCC:

Fighting Time
- 8 minutes in ordinary fights (first 4 min without points)
- 16 minutes in the finales (first 8 min without points)
Extra rounds are added if fights are even.

Not exactly a no time-limit match.

He didn't need unlimited timelimits. He subbed Jacare. It is obvious you were unaware and are now backpeddling with semantics.

yes you are correct.

However, I'd still like to see it. When does the DVD set for '05 come out?

havent we been over this already. the takedown was clearly good for only an advantage according to the rules (cbjj). the points were a botched call, but the throw was the winning move - advantage jacare for a near guard pass, advantage roger for a choke attempt (didnt see which one in the highlight, but roger mentions it in an interview) then another advantage for jacare for the near takedown, giving him the win anyway.

it wasnt a takedown, but jacare would have won by advantages anyways

Anybody have a copy or HL of this fight? It is so hard to get a hold of BJJ matches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back