Roger Gracie pwns.

John O'Brien

They call me Barnacle Bill.
@red
Reaction score
So I'm on a trip from Ireland over here in England. Trained for a week or so in Quannum gym with some of UK's top MMA guys working on some sub wrestling. For the last few days I've been down here in London training with Roger Gracie. Went to a private class with him yesterday. Guy is hilarious, he would sweep me and say "weeeeeeeeeeeee" as if he was pushing a kid on a swing. I rolled with him, starting in side control and he would sweep me everytime I took my weight off of him, even if it was for a split second. Guy is great.

I love training here, all the guys are on another level. Especially Felipe Jerry - He's on another planet, he walked up to Sainsburys in his gi. He's not with it at all. One real cool guy. If any of you get a chance if you live near, drop by!

cool i plan to train at quanntum too sounds awesome

Quannum is a great gym. They have their own cage, ring, grappling area and a full sized gym. Not many people were at some of the classes so you get alot of attention from the instructors.

Give us more details about the private with Roger. Did you ask him specific questions? Did he used any strength at all? What belt are you?

thanks for the info on Roger. privates are the way to go when traveling and getting to train with guiys like that

I'm hoping to head to London for a week or two in a couple of months time. I'll be looking to train at Roger's place a few times and have as many private lessons as possible.

Good to hear he is a cool guy to learn from.

tudor_bjj said:
Give us more details about the private with Roger. Did you ask him specific questions? Did he used any strength at all? What belt are you?

How about what his favorite color is?

kuroMaguro said:
How about what his favorite color is?
What about not waisting your time with stupid remarks, kid?

I think Roger is coming to our club, perhaps in the fall. I heard he is a great guy and I plan on purchasing as many privates as my wife will allow.

John O'Brien said:
So I'm on a trip from Ireland over here in England. Trained for a week or so in Quannum gym with some of UK's top MMA guys working on some sub wrestling. For the last few days I've been down here in London training with Roger Gracie. Went to a private class with him yesterday. Guy is hilarious, he would sweep me and say "weeeeeeeeeeeee" as if he was pushing a kid on a swing. I rolled with him, starting in side control and he would sweep me everytime I took my weight off of him, even if it was for a split second. Guy is great.

I love training here, all the guys are on another level. Especially Felipe Jerry - He's on another planet, he walked up to Sainsburys in his gi. He's not with it at all. One real cool guy. If any of you get a chance if you live near, drop by!

I've rolled at Roger's Academy quite a few times.

Roger is a really chilled dude. Very good at what he does. Funny guy.
Yeah Felipe is a bit in his own world, but he's a really polite and helpful guy.

From the sounds of things, you didn't meet Mauricao, Roger's pops. He really is a funny guy. Always laughing and joking even while rolling. He tries to keep it real and include a little self-defense as well as ground work. I remember a few of the guys there tried to 'jump' him for jokes. He just lay there laughing and kicking their knees as they grew closer. Quite a spectacle to see.

JOB - You should've posted before you came to London. We could have recommended a few other good places to ya!

Off topic - My brother has started training at Gracie-Barra Milton Keyenes, it's not too far from the country side there. Braulio Estima teaches there. I'm going to visit my bro for a few days, if anyone is interested I can post my thoughts on the place after...

Envious said:
I think Roger is coming to our club, perhaps in the fall. I heard he is a great guy and I plan on purchasing as many privates as my wife will allow.
wives and girlfriends are always fucking shit up

infamous mattyd said:

Mickey to Rocky - "Women weaken legs!!"

And interfere with training...

He doesn't really go "Weeeeeeeee!" when he sweeps does he? I mean, I go "Weeeeeeeee!" when I do certain techniques, but then again I'm me. And Roger is him. He really shouldn't be doing that kind of thing.

GCSD Fighter said:
Off topic - My brother has started training at Gracie-Barra Milton Keyenes, it's not too far from the country side there. Braulio Estima teaches there. .

Does Braulio still teach at Brum as well?
I'll be heading back to England for a few months over xmas and wanna go to Gracie Barra in Birmingham whilst I'm back.

infamous mattyd said:
Fucking assholes they are.

Groove Holmes said:
Does Braulio still teach at Brum as well?
I'll be heading back to England for a few months over xmas and wanna go to Gracie Barra in Birmingham whilst I'm back.

Yep. As far as I know.
I think he and his bro drive down to MK to teach.

They been away at Mundials, I think. But lessons are back on soon.

Like I said if they on while I'm visiting, I'll go check it out and post my thoughts....

What you up to in Japan, mate?

GCSD Fighter said:
Yep. As far as I know.
I think he and his bro drive down to MK to teach.

They been away at Mundials, I think. But lessons are back on soon.

Like I said if they on while I'm visiting, I'll go check it out and post my thoughts....

What you up to in Japan, mate?

Cheers man.
It looks like Braulio does a few seminars too....
Been in Tokyo for a few years now.
Training at Axis.
www.axisjj.com

Back