Rogan talking about judging.

PopeUrbanII

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Our life is complete.
Rogan mentioned Sherdog first as the best MMA judges available in the world.

Toughts?

Rogan talks...

Alot

Sherdog rightfully scored the fight for Yoel against Whittaker so I agree

I wish Joe could get these judges on his show.

Hell, judges should should be on the post fight presser imo.

Rogan thought he was on his podcast arguing with DC about 12-6 elbows. Give it a rest

Rogan has been rambling too much on JRE lately. That said, it's obviously a decent point: Most knowledgable sherdoggers are probably better suited to judge an MMA-fight than some of the actual judges.

I think trying to break down judging a fight, or almost anything, to values is pointless exercise. I think the further you dig into this, the more becomes subjective. I don't think we're going to have widely accepted points/values.

I think we have to accept fighters are simply trying to convince the judges watching, they are winning. There is a bar.

Red corner ----------------------- Blue corner

You're just moving your vote left or right, on the context of the fight. Maybe a single TD means nothing in one fight, but everything in another.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic and lazy too.

Rogan has been rambling too much on JRE lately. That said, it's obviously a decent point: Most knowledgable sherdoggers are probably better suited to judge an MMA-fight than some of the actual judges.
We'd do better in the cage too,

No fight would go past the first round, guarantee you that.

What would Rogan know he's a pot head

No question there are people on this site I trust more than the actual judges.

with the exception of most mods and all sherdoggers that joined post 2012, I believe I'd say we could judge/ref better than most of current judges/refs

with the exception of most mods and all sherdoggers that joined post 2012, I believe I'd say we could judge/ref better than most of current judges/refs

i wholeheartedly disagree.
  1. in most threads, most people talk about the fight overall, not the rounds. it's as if most have never even heard of the 10 point must system. because....
  2. ....sherdoggers judge based on gut feeling, not by following any actual scoring system.
  3. in every thread about scoring, many people say things like "i personally don't think (takedowns, top control, leg kicks, pitter patter, etc) should score, so i don't score them, therefore (insert fighter) should have won (based on the rules in my head, not the actual rules)".
  4. also in every thread about close fights, people debate how to score. because most don't understand how.
now, there is "wisdom of the crowd" thing going on. but on an individual level, most sherdoggers are a lot fucking less intelligent and a lot fucking more ignorant about mma than they think they are.

Last edited:
Sherdog spoken in a positive light...my mind can't handle this.

I usually go to Sherdog to see how they scored the fights and it's usually the same as I score it. Close but so and so won.

i wholeheartedly disagree.
  1. in most threads, most people talk about the fight overall, not the rounds. it's as if most have never even heard of the 10 point must system. because....
  2. ....sherdoggers judge based on gut feeling, not by following any actual scoring system.
  3. in every thread about scoring, many people say things like "i personally don't think (takedowns, top control, leg kicks, pitter patter, etc) should score, so i don't score them, therefore (insert fighter) should have won (based on the rules in my head, not the actual rules)".
  4. also in every thread about close fights, people debate how to score. because most don't understand how.
now, there is "wisdom of the crowd" thing going on. but on an individual level, most sherdoggers are a lot fucking less intelligent and a lot fucking more ignorant about mma than they think they are.
yeah you might be right

maxresdefault.jpg

Back