Rodriguez: endless tsunami of spinning head kicks, crescent kicks, spinning backfists and cartwheels

looked more like an amateur ballet than a fight. A lot of pity patter spinning shit. Boring as hell imo.

Leading up to the fight, during the fight and after the fight, he felt heavily pushed. Those people working in the van were working overtime.

I'm still not sure that means anything as far as him being pushed to the fans. The only fail I saw was that he main evented a Utah card. Sure there are some Mexican Americans there... But kinda odd I guess.

Did you see the Moroz fight? Now THAT is swinging at air.

Yea I remember one of the announcers saying moroz was trying to become marketable.... Ughhhh not after that showing. Fight was terrible

Yea I remember one of the announcers saying moroz was trying to become marketable.... Ughhhh not after that showing. Fight was terrible
Lol. A "boxer" with a 7" reach advantage still managed to come up short with her punches over 75% of the time. At one point she was 9 of 106 in total strikes o_O

That's about 8% striking accuracy.

<36>

Lol. A "boxer" with a 7" reach advantage still managed to come up short with her punches over 75% of the time. At one point she was 9 of 106 in total strikes o_O

That's about 8% striking accuracy.

<36>

Them showing that stat was by far the best part of the fight. Anik calls it an ''entertaining technical fight''

Them showing that stat was by far the best part of the fight. Anik calls it an ''entertaining technical fight''
Haaa yeah that fight sucked so much. Thing is Moroz was so bad I'd have given it to Taylor just for the 2 overhand rights lol. Only cuz Moroz dindu nuffin to deserve that win.

Haaa yeah that fight sucked so much. Thing is Moroz was so bad I'd have given it to Taylor just for the 2 overhand rights lol. Only cuz Moroz dindu nuffin to deserve that win.

I scored this fight 27-27 personally. But I missed some of it as two of my cats were having a far more entertaining brawl next to the TV, where one landed a flurry of left hooks then a nice trip to end up on top. Im not kidding you, they did way more in 2 minutes than the 2 chicks in 15.

Yea the Moroz fight was one of the worst and lowest level fights probably in many years in the UFC. I'm probably wrong and some worse fights have happened, but I can't remember anything worse since like Toney trying to fight... and that dude would at least be able to punch if he wasn't taken down instantly. It was as fun to watch as Wiezorek vs Shipp, but with less happening and worse commentary. Commentary lying about the quality of the fight and the fighters.

I thought the decision in the Moroz was the right one; can't go giving the decision to the fighter that was circling/evading for 90% of the fight. As far as Bruce Leroy...his halfhearted punching was a joke..landed nothing hard and wasn't nearly busy enough. He needed to close the gap to get inside kicking range and throw combos hard, and didn't. Looked bad.

Was a great fight, both guys did great. Alex has improved, Yair is just as good but "mma potential superstar" hype overshadows performance. If it weren't Yair, everybody would be like OMFG LOOK AT THIS GUY NEXT BIG THING

Seems line whenever a fighter wins with a rare spinning strike, there next fight(s) they try to force it and overdo it. (ie. Paul Felder)

it was fun for the first round or 2, got fuckin ridiculous after that and i didn't even enjoy watching anymore lmao.

dude needs to tone it down a bit, ridicuous fuckin cardio though being able to keep that shit up the whole fight + not even slowing down at UFC 188.

I loved how his corner kept screaming: cabron

When the fight started, I thought he looked like a killer, then the fight went on, nothing really landed, there was too much flashiness, but so, so sloppy, I got bored. He's so unpredictable, he starts becoming ULTRA predictable.

I guess this is what his coaches told him. Yair, whatever you do... SPIN!

It gets old after a while.

it was fun for the first round or 2, got fuckin ridiculous after that and i didn't even enjoy watching anymore lmao.

dude needs to tone it down a bit, ridicuous fuckin cardio though being able to keep that shit up the whole fight + not even slowing down at UFC 188.
He threw more strikes in the 5th than any other round. That is mind boggling. He was also sick an fighting at altitude at 188, incredible.

I do agree with you on his approach though. Would like to see him use more orthodox techniques. For example he threw 3 hard consecutive body kicks in the later rounds at one point and had Bruce running for cover. His pace and fluidity is ridiculous paired with his aggression though.

Back