Rodriguez Could Have Finished Waterson At 115

I know people were saying Rodriguez would have an advantage at 125 but she looked like she had less power and stamina.

Had this fight been at 115 I think Rodriguez would have finished her. She’s a big girl but I really think 115 is the best weight class for her.
I think so. Anik said she had 35 days of quarantine just to make it to the Fight. Add in the short notice situation and fighting in a higher weight class as well.

Yeah that was four years ago. She hasn’t come close to finishing a fight in her last 9.
True, but she actually wobbled Rodriguez despite her being the most dangerous striker Waters on has faced other than JJ. I don't think she realized the liver kick hurt Rodriguez because she didn't rush at all after the shot landed.

True, but she actually wobbled Rodriguez despite her being the most dangerous striker Waters on has faced other than JJ. I don't think she realized the liver kick hurt Rodriguez because she didn't rush at all after the shot landed.
I can understand Waterson not seeing the damage she had done, but her corner *had* to have seen it. I expected to hear them SCREAMING "FINISH HER!! SHE'S HURT!" .... but crickets. Nothing. It was *so* frustrating. There was plenty of time left to easily take Rodriguez down and work for a sub.... but nothing. They just said nothing and Michelle let her get her breath back and wasted by far the most damaging strikes of the fight.
<{cruzshake}>

Back