Rodolfo Viera, can he dethrone Israel Adesanya??

Beastos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I totally forgot about him, no doubt, if Rodolfo gets him to the ground, he can submit Izzy. The dude is world class and one of the all time greats on the ground. He’s only 31 too! With not a lot of miles.

I know, still very green, but with a couple of more wins I’d be intrigued to see this match.

ADCC03E9-FA14-44EC-BECC-11B2CD6F7665.jpeg

How good is his rasslin' and striking?

There are A LOT of talented jiu Jitsu guys, heck, Costa could have subbed Izzy on the ground if he actually took him down and got a dominant position...

The problem is getting Izzy down while remaining on top...
Rodolfo has great ground skills and relied on Judo for most of his jiu Jitsu career, I don’t believe he’s much of a shooter, at least not good enough to take Izzy down, nor can he strike good enough to worry Izzy, so there goes the dual threat necessary to mask the double or clinch...

How good is his rasslin' and striking?
His striking needs work, but he’s def improving. Rodolfo has solid wrestling and judo, needs to do a better job of combining it with striking though. I really think he has a solid chance with a few more fights.

He got busted up pretty badly on the feet so Safarov...

That was weird though. It was like he was cut by the guys toe. It was funny to see Rodolfo immediately be like "fuck this striking shit" and bring the fight to the mat for a quick submission.

There are A LOT of talented jiu Jitsu guys, heck, Costa could have subbed Izzy on the ground if he actually took him down and got a dominant position...

Rodolfo has great ground skills and relied on Judo for most of his jiu Jitsu career, I don’t believe he’s much of a shooter, at least not good enough to take Izzy down, nor can he strike good enough to worry Izzy, so there goes the dual threat necessary to mask the double or clinch...
Come on man, Costa has absolutely nothing on Rodolfo in terms of BJJ. Idk even think Costa can submit Izzy if he had him on his back and there’s absolute no doubt in my mind that Rodolfo would. The man has a crushing top game, his knee slice is amazing.

He's got a pretty athletic double leg and has out muscled a few guys to the mat. If he works on integrating his takedowns in with his striking more he'll be a threat to everyone

He's got a pretty athletic double leg and has out muscled a few guys to the mat. If he works on integrating his takedowns in with his striking more he'll be a threat to everyone
This, Rodolfo has a solid power double. Also, he’s undefeated.

That was weird though. It was like he was cut by the guys toe. It was funny to see Rodolfo immediately be like "fuck this striking shit" and bring the fight to the mat for a quick submission.

yea but safarov is absolutely terrible

if he can catch him like that I don’t think it boads well for him against izzy

It’s a fight dude, anyone can get caught by anyone, even if terrible. It’s not like rocked him, or it almost ended the fight.
Even besides that one shot , the point of the matter is that he was VERY hittable

Back