Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

Genki Sudo II

Blue Steel Ferrari Le Tigre They're The Same Face!
Banned
Reaction score
Talk about Life imitating Art. I'm a Jones fan but by the end of round two I was literally chanting 'Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!...' The parallels does not escape me.

[YT]F5-s4abeoak[/YT]

Jones (not unlike Apollo Creed), the cocky, confident, swaggalicious champ coming out of ringside jumping up and down and having a good time - as he should, he is after all the champ. The crowd roars along with him.

First round he starts confident, leg kicking Gustafsson (Rocky Balboa Redux) into oblivion seemingly. After softening him up, the mass knew full well that first inevitable take down was coming. BUT, lo and behold (Rocky) Gustafsson STUFFS it to everyone in the arena's surprise and to the chagrin of Creed. And that would spark a once in a blue moon dog fight of this heavy underdog's life - (Rocky) Gustaffson.

Even after all the high kick/elbow/spinning back fist haymaker onslaught by (Creed) Jones, (Rocky) Gustafsson kept coming as beat as he was.

And in the end both fighters exhausted, the Cocky Champ humbled, and everyone seemingly giving Gustafsson the bigger applause at the end, (Creed) Jones seemingly whispered into (Rocky) Gufstafsson's ear: "There ain't gonna be a rematch... there ain't gonna be a rematch..."

Gusta looks like Drago if anything...

FrankieEdgar_Headshot2012.png

Oh, I forgot to mention... Rocky (Gufstasson) takes the rematch in the sequel.

Back