Rocky Marciano's Defense highlighted

Good vid. I like visual aids.

i never really watched marciano fights btw, but im not surprised that he has defensive skillz like that.

second of all, did anyone not notice this aspect of his game prior to this video; people on here are pretty well informed, so this can't be a surprise at all.\

his def was underrated cus of his strength, durability, conditioning and POWER; he couldn't win based off of his def. But he was def had good def, he just lacked the athleticism and fluidity to make it look aesthetically obvious and pleasing

its good but not the best, an it wasn't against top hw; still its nice to see him get his due. I thought all guys familiar w/boxing recognized this

second of all, did anyone not notice this aspect of his game prior to this video; people on here are pretty well informed, so this can't be a surprise at all.\

his def was underrated cus of his strength, durability, conditioning and POWER; he couldn't win based off of his def. But he was def had good def, he just lacked the athleticism and fluidity to make it look aesthetically obvious and pleasing

its good but not the best, an it wasn't against top hw; still its nice to see him get his due. I thought all guys familiar w/boxing recognized this

lol thast what im saying, im not surprised at all. I mean, i've never seen a boxer/brawler that could just walk straight forward into his opponents to land bombs w/o slipping, bobbing, weaving. All that which Marciano did exceptionally. Just cause he had the brawler stereotype to him uninformed people automatically assume he cant slip worth a shit.

lol thast what im saying, im not surprised at all. I mean, i've never seen a boxer/brawler that could just walk straight forward into his opponents to land bombs w/o slipping, bobbing, weaving. All that which Marciano did exceptionally. Just cause he had the brawler stereotype to him uninformed people automatically assume he cant slip worth a shit.

k good i thought it was just me; i wasn't trying to be the forum snob or that know it all guy, but anyone who knows anything about boxing knows its a bare minimum to do those things. The diff being the great/better boxers can do it consistently and against a high caliber of opp; which marciano didn't do, which is why it was underrated, only cus people thought he had no def at all.

his def wasn't nothing special per se; but it was there, which is what surprises people... rock was better than advertised, but take away that durability and his def wouldn't have gotten him to one win.

sad but true

That was a good view, thanks for link. Its easy to put selected clips together, and make anybody look good. But in this case, we're talking about Rocky Marciano. He went undefeated. So this wasnt a Tank Abbott highlight, good stuff.

notice how he changes levels so well? his hs wrestling definitely helped his crouching style.

I would say he is pretty close. Undefeated HW champ. He is definetly in any discussion when talking about boxings great fighters.

lots of great fighter throughout the history fighter only a very small amount of them can be considered the greatest of all time, imo rocky ain't one of them; maybe for hw, but not p4p

I would say he is pretty close. Undefeated HW champ. He is definetly in any discussion when talking about boxings great fighters.

Not really. Could be a top ten heavyweight...

Back