Rockhold vs Gus, what if?

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think this would be a cool matchup, Rockhold should move to LHW

I think it would be a terrible match up for Luke. If Rockhold can’t keep is opponent off him with kicks and/or take him down chances are he is screwed. His hands and boxing defense need a lot of work and Gus should exploit that easily.

Luke likes to keep his distance and pick his shots and combo's... that will not work against Gus. He will have to close the distance and will get hit during that process.

You never know in MMA, but Gus should destroy him imo.

I'm in. Luke has good stand-up and a phenomenal top game. He needs to focus on takedowns. I think his recovery would be better if he weren't cutting so much weight either. I don't think his chin is bad, but his striking defense needs to improve. Those punches by Romero would've knocked out an elephant.

Luke should improved his defense and footwork if he want to win. He should learn form Yoel, Yoel has one of the best defense in MW division just like when Gus learned how to wrestle form Phil

I think this would be a cool matchup, Rockhold should move to LHW

I would love to see this one. Hopefully Gus will not eyepoke. I bet IF he does Rockhold will respond appropirately. Rockhold did look way to dry,fine at the weighIn. DC to heavy ,,Rockhold to LHW.

I think you should go to bed and stop making "what if" posts sir

I'm in. Luke has good stand-up and a phenomenal top game. He needs to focus on takedowns.
Neither Jones or DC could take Gus down and control him at all. Luke has not good takedowns.

This is the worst possible fight for Rockhold at LHW. I think he beats a few top guys but Gus is not one of them.

Neither Jones or DC could take Gus down and control him at all. Luke has not good takedowns.

This is the worst possible fight for Rockhold at LHW. I think he beats a few top guys but Gus is not one of them.

I should clarify, he needs to improve his takedowns in training.

<6>

I wasn't one of the group calling Rockhold "chinny" after the Bisping fight... but now that we're here again, I think it's time to start seriously considering it. If that's the case... LHW is the last thing Rockhold needs. :eek:

I should clarify, he needs to improve his takedowns in training.
Yeah.. but improve to what level? Olympic DC and elite JBJ could not control Gus on the ground. He even took them down.

Gustafsson has became one of the most effective MMA wrestlers at LHW (and maybe the UFC) which I find hilarious.

If he manages to improve his sloppy striking defense he would be almost unstoppable.

YellowActiveHoneycreeper.gif

gustafsontakedown.gif

I'm in. Luke has good stand-up and a phenomenal top game. He needs to focus on takedowns. I think his recovery would be better if he weren't cutting so much weight either. I don't think his chin is bad, but his striking defense needs to improve. Those punches by Romero would've knocked out an elephant.
If Jones and DC struggle to get takedowns on Gus, what can Rockhold really do?

He would get brutally finished. Rockhold that is.

gus would murder him.

he could litterally just walk Luke down and box him up.

Back