Rockhold v Weidman

Davey Crockett

Mane, Firmino, Salah
Banned
Reaction score
Is Rockhold v Weidman for the number one contender spot?

Both men have been removed from their respective consciousness by the soldier of god, but many believe that guy to be the rightful champ anyway.

Crazy to think but likely yes. Neither has looked great for quite a while.

I actually like Gastelum (currently getting the next TS), Romero and Jacare above the both of them.

If I remember correctly Rockhold was the one who got KO'd, and Weidman was just stopped by the ref.

Both men have been removed from their respective consciousness by the soldier of god, but many believe that guy to be the rightful champ anyway.
Losing twice to the champ is a good way to earn the title

With the state of the MW division, this is for sure a number 1 contender fight

Yoel lost TWICE to the champ.
So no, I don't think most believe him to be the champ.

tenor.gif

I hope not because both of these guys have lost a lot lately and they both feel entitled to a title shot even though, collectively they are 3-8, since their title fight. And, Rockhold has been KOed twice badly and Weidman has looked like complete dog shit

Crazy to think but likely yes. Neither has looked great for quite a while.

I actually like Gastelum (currently getting the next TS), Romero and Jacare above the both of them.
Weidman beat Gastelum though.

Well SOG, desite Whittaker being on queer street 3 seperate rounds, still lost a judges call. Whatever is on top without him can now face Whittaker, while Yoel will need to continue cleaning out the MW division.

Luke highly likely takes it as he has improved and won't suffer cardio loss from antibiotics like in the last fight.

However fights the champ, I don't believe Whittaker can survive another war with Yoel after he faces Gastelum and Luke Weidman winner. The fight was clear there: one man stood and blocked and the other took it and was face down trying to survive. When Yoel takes the belt, he will be quite literally finished with the division and set his sights on lhw.

I'd say Weidman is much more likely to get a shot off the win than Rockhold, especially if Gastelum takes the belt. Really all depends on how the other top mw fights go down, if Costa fights and beats Romero before the year is out, then I'd have to imagine he'd be getting the shot.

That said, both Rockhold and Weidman would be stylistically ideal match-ups for Whitaker, so he'd probably push for it if he beats Gastelum.

Back