Rockhold, come back...

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There are still winnable fights for the guy (at MW).

Personally I think Luke vs Till or Luke vs Brunson would be cool. He is still in that range. His last two losses are to Yoel and Jan (LHW debut) for christ sake.

He has obvious flaws but he is a fairly entertaining fighter who can be competitive at MW still. He would smoke Till like a blunt if that fight was to hit the deck.

I wouldn't mind seeing his head bounce around like a pinball machine one more time
<28>

OS2bjZK.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing his head bounce around like a pinball machine one more time
<28>

Does a pinball machine really bounce around? Isn't it more the ball in the pinball machine that bounces? I believe the metaphor is inaccurate or even wrong.

Personally I think Luke vs Till or Luke vs Brunson would be cool. He is still in that range. His last two losses are to Yoel and Jan (LHW debut) for christ sake.

He has obvious flaws but he is a fairly entertaining fighter who can be competitive at MW still. He would smoke Till like a blunt if that fight was to hit the deck.
He should focus on modeling

I just don't think Rockhold has any desire to do it anymore. I think the broken jaw was the Last Straw for him.

He keeps getting knocked out BADLY. That is bad for anyone's brain, he has the modeling work which i'm sure pays well, and training and fighting is hard, let's face it.

My prediction is he announces in 2020 his official retirement from MMA. He is probably just lining up his ducks with his other work stuff, and then he's gonna pull the plug on fighting. That's just my belief, I could of course be wrong.

He should drop to welterweight or move up to heavyweight.

I don't know if his big head will fit in the arena.

OS2bjZK.gif

I just don't think Rockhold has any desire to do it anymore. I think the broken jaw was the Last Straw for him.

He keeps getting knocked out BADLY. That is bad for anyone's brain, he has the modeling work which i'm sure pays well, and training and fighting is hard, let's face it.
He's like Roger Huerta. Roger Huerta got magazine covers because he was UFC and a good looking Mexican. He stops fighting and he's just another Mexican, and loses it all. Luke gets modeling gigs because he's a good looking UFC white guy. Without fighting in the UFC, he's just another above average looking white guy approaching 40.

That said, while I think technically and physically he could compete.. The guy's 35. He seems to have lost his fire and almost no one gets it back at that age. If he gets it back, it'll be like a Randy Couture epic comeback story and that's rare.

he would still be good, probably top 5, but it seems his heart isn't in fighting anymore, so why force it? good for him if he can make money without getting his jaw broken

<28>

I'd much rather watch his head bounce around like a pinball in a pinball machine.

And then what? Even if he squeaked out 2 wins his next fight would be against ascending competition that he has no business being in the ring with. Not to mention, I imagine its fairly mentally deflating getting destroyed like he has.

He should try kickboxing

I'm not a fan of him, but I have no interest in watching him get ktfo anymore.

Rockhold was a very good fighter that reached the pinnacle in two premier MMA orgs. Not too shabby.

We've seen guys go on worse losing streaks at the end of their careers than Rockhold, but the manner in which he isn't encouraging. He just seemed to be unable to withstand much punishment, and this sport punishes every fighter.

I don't think Rockhold's ego will allow him to get over his last few losses.

I would like to see him stay at 205 Lot's of good scraps.. But I doubt he returns.

More of a spectator these days

YjR1iAv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back