Robert Whittaker vs Anderson Silva's Championship Opponents

SpongeJoshSquareCheck

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Whittaker had to have fight against all of Silva's opponents during his time at the top? Do you think Whittaker would have retained longer than Anderson or lose to someone on Silva's 10 defense kill list?

TRTor would have given Whitaker a hell of a fight. Prime Hendo too.

There are some very tough match ups for Robert. Franklin and Hendo in their prime were great fighters, Vitor would be a tough fight and Sonnen was a handful to deal with.

Whitaker can beat them in the same weak.
Lutter
Pat Côté
Leites
Sonnen
Okami

Hendo, Rich and TRT Belfort give Bobby K fun fights.

Would favor Whitaker in all of them tho.

11_silva_belfort_005.jpg

exnicq279m8qz40d2xmwaoir9.jpg

VitorBelfortBeforeAfterTRT2.jpg

I don't think Silva fought TRT Belfort. Jones definitely did and when Jones finally fought someone as juiced as he was he almost lost his arm lol

At Whittaker's current injury pace, he would be fifty before defending that many times.
I try not to rip on Anderson for steroids because he stopped failing tests unlike Jones but you do have to factor in that after USADA more fighters have been getting injured

Last edited:
185 Maia backpacks Whittaker and people are severely underestimating how good Nate Marquardt was. Prime Nate would go Tekken on Bobby.

Yeah I concur with this.

Hendo and Trtor would have been the only main challenges. Bobby Knucklez would have a good chance at beating the rest of them.

11_silva_belfort_005.jpg

exnicq279m8qz40d2xmwaoir9.jpg

VitorBelfortBeforeAfterTRT2.jpg

I don't think Silva fought TRT Belfort. Jones definitely did and when Jones finally fought someone as juiced as he was he almost lost his arm lol

I'm unsure when he became TRTor. But even the Vitor Anderson fought was bodybagging fools.

Would Anderson have beaten Yoel? With a broken hand or a grade two medial ligament injury?

At Whittaker's current injury pace, he would be fifty before defending that many times.

Sonnen, Vitor and Hendo all have a great chance of beating him. I'd favour Robbie over Vitor if it goes past the first tho obviously. Franklin wouldn't be an easy fight either

185 Maia backpacks Whittaker and people are severely underestimating how good Nate Marquardt was. Prime Nate would go Tekken on Bobby.
I was convinced jacare was gonna take bobby down with ease and sub him, but bobbies tdd and ground game and ability to scramble like that and get up pleasantly surprised me in this fight. I was actually shocked.

I was convinced jacare was gonna take bobby down with ease and sub him, but bobbies tdd and ground game and ability to scramble like that and get up pleasantly surprised me in this fight. I was actually shocked.
So did I. Remember though that Jacare was doing fine in the beginning. He tossed Whittaker around a bit and almost took his back. Jacare also tore his pectoral muscle in that fight so I assume that had to play a part in the outcome.

I've also seen Maia tap Jacare in a Gi match so to me Maia is a step above Jacare.

Whittaker is a way better fighter than silva has been even in his prime, what you think silva could have done against romero, just look at how he struggle with weidman.
The only guy is belfort, but i'm not talking about the belfort who fought silva but TRTBelfort, the guy that ruin the eye of bisping forever with a kick, fucked up super bad rockhold and almost take the arm of jones like a trophy, that was a bad beast to deal whit..

I'd go with Whittaker for all those fights. Including Weidman and all his opponents

TRTor would've beat him.

Sonnen would've been a really tough matchup.

Whittaker is a way better fighter than silva has been even in his prime, what you think silva could have done against romero, just look at how he struggle with weidman.
The only guy is belfort, but i'm not talking about the belfort who fought silva but TRTBelfort, the guy that ruin the eye of bisping forever with a kick, fucked up super bad rockhold and almost take the arm of jones like a trophy, that was a bad beast to deal whit..

Noob detected

So did I. Remember though that Jacare was doing fine in the beginning. He tossed Whittaker around a bit and almost took his back. Jacare also tore his pectoral muscle in that fight so I assume that had to play a part in the outcome.

I've also seen Maia tap Jacare in a Gi match so to me Maia is a step above Jacare.
I didn’t remember jacare injuring himself. I’ll look into it.

Still I think that fight was a great indicator of showing bobbies ground game which is very underrated for a fighter with no proper high school wrestling background and not even a grappling background too. Also being able to defend Romero takedowns was impressive too. I remember he did that really well in the first fight especially.

I really hope he recovers quick and we get to see the kelvin fight ASAP! That’s the most intriguing dude guy right now in the division. Actually probably the most interesting titlefight right now except for the idea of tony vs khabib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back