Robert Sapp looked surprisingly good in his last kickboxing fight

RakodaJay**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Damn, dropped AND got up :eek:

But then he remembered who he is and yeah :(

I wonder if Japan consider him a joke or not.

I don't know what it is but he always seems to try extra hard against Asian fighters.

Wow those knees in the beginning were almost Uberknee-like.

We've set our standards low when that is a good performance.

He used his size a little, which should be easy considering he's twice Nishijima's size.

I laughed when he threw the high kick and fell down.

But yeah... He did take a few little shots to the midsection before bowing.

I was surprised he bothered standing back up when he fell 15 seconds in. That was an easy out for him.

Hearing the Japanese fans laugh at him sounds very appropriate. He has come full circle and fulfilled his destiny. Japan is now in on the joke he has always been.

Chicken and cowwwwwwwww?

Theres the warrior that beat remy.

that's a WARRIOR right there.

GOAT in MMA, Kickboxing, and acting

It's gotten beyond ridiculous. How is he still a draw anywhere? Between kickboxing and MMA, the guy has lost 39 of his last 41 fights, some of them clearly dives. The whole schtick as the massive scary looking dude coming to wreak havoc loses its luster when you always lose your fights.

Overeem was on the mmahour this weeking talking about Sapp.

He was saying how those guys he armwrestled in Japa on New Years were gigantic and way bigger than him(Reem) and he was saying Bob just blew through them like they were nothing. He was saying Sapp is scary strong.

He also said he should stop throwing the fights because it's getting silly now.

Overeem was on the mmahour this weeking talking about Sapp.

He was saying how those guys he armwrestled in Japa on New Years were gigantic and way bigger than him(Reem) and he was saying Bob just blew through them like they were nothing. He was saying Sapp is scary strong.

He also said he should stop throwing the fights because it's getting silly now.

I'm googling this now but do you have a quick url to this? Thanks, would enjoy checking it out.

It's gotten beyond ridiculous. How is he still a draw anywhere? Between kickboxing and MMA, the guy has lost 39 of his last 41 fights, some of them clearly dives. The whole schtick as the massive scary looking dude coming to wreak havoc loses its luster when you always lose your fights.

Partly by moving around the world hoping the local fans won't have seen any of his matches from the past 5+ years, in Japan I think he's viewed as more of an in joke these days, the big guy who can't take a punch.

People who don't watch MMA(mainly from Eastern Europe and Asia) see a gigantic black guy and immediately jizz in their pants.

Back