Robeisy Ramirez got Salido'd

Were there multiple low blows and getting saved by the ref in the final round?

Damn i only hope Erislandy Savon defects someday

To say he got salido'd is way way wayyyyyy too generous. Salido was a many time legitimate world champ who pulled every dirty trick in the book to leverage veternship over pure talent in a world title fight.

Ramirez just looked like shit and was even knocked down by the first punch he took by a complete unknown 4-2-2 fighter. Not to mention he continued to lose rounds or win them by the thinnest margin in a 4 rounder.

Most disappointing debut ever. I watched this guy dominate 2 Olympics and handily beat up Shakur Stevenson in the 2016 finals under effectively a pro boxing rule set.

If this isnt a Clinton Mitchell vs BHop debut then Ramirez is the biggest BUST of an Olympic medalist EVER let alone a two time gold medalist.

To say he got salido'd is way way wayyyyyy too generous. Salido was a many time legitimate world champ who pulled every dirty trick in the book to leverage veternship over pure talent in a world title fight.

Ramirez just looked like shit and was even knocked down by the first punch he took by a complete unknown 4-2-2 fighter. Not to mention he continued to lose rounds or win them by the thinnest margin in a 4 rounder.

Most disappointing debut ever. I watched this guy dominate 2 Olympics and handily beat up Shakur Stevenson in the 2016 finals under effectively a pro boxing rule set.

If this isnt a Clinton Mitchell vs BHop debut then Ramirez is the biggest BUST of an Olympic medalist EVER let alone a two time gold medalist.
Pico'd is the term when a 'blue chip' prospect fails miserably against modest comp.

Cuban fighters seem to struggle once they defect, honestly I think it's the desperation that makes them so good. Once they reach the US they get a certain sense of security and lose the edge they have in the ammys. Come to think of it, the only real success stories that spring to mind are Napoles, Casamayor, Rigo and Lara.

Cuban fighters seem to struggle once they defect, honestly I think it's the desperation that makes them so good. Once they reach the US they get a certain sense of security and lose the edge they have in the ammys. Come to think of it, the only real success stories that spring to mind are Napoles, Casamayor, Rigo and Lara.
I have heard from Sinister in the ST forum that for Cubans coming to America is like going to disneyland all year long due to availability of cars, food, nightclubs, etc (no scarecity like in Cuba).

I will say I think that desperation is just one small but important piece of the pie in explaining Cuban dominance in the ammy's. Great systemic coaching and great scouting of athletic talent are also huge factors.

Back