• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley Official For UFC 201 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have one thing to say to those who wanted Wonderboy, Condit, and GSP to get the title shot: Eat it!

Robbie has been on a magical run since he came back to the UFC. He won a lot of fights were I thought that his unlikely streak would end. It would be a bad joke if it would end vs FUCKING WOODLEY of all fighters.

WAR ROBBIE.

I am glad to see this
a new title fight rather than a repeat
Wonderboy was deserving but really looking forward to his fighting Rory

hope Maia gets a shot at the strap as well

Robbie has been on a magical run since he came back to the UFC. He won a lot of fights were I thought that his unlikely streak would end. It would be a bad joke if it would end vs FUCKING WOODLEY of all fighters.

WAR ROBBIE.
Lol and I think that's totally in the realm of possibility.

Does Lawler have the fight IQ to avoid Woodley's fast, explosive, KO power, or will he wait for Woodley to gas out then attack?

Does Lawler have the fight IQ to avoid Woodley's fast, explosive, KO power, or will he wait for Woodley to gas out then attack?
I think Woodley would be the smart one to avoid getting into a brawl. He should use his wrestling.

If Nate Marquardt can spectacularly KO Woodley, I want to believe Lawler can too.

Dumb fucks. Tyron does not deserve a title shot over Condit or Wonderboy. IMO Wonderboy is the clear candidate for a title shot, with the longest active winning streak at WW and a 2 minute disposal of the #2 WW. But nah, let's match him with Rory so we can eliminate 2 contenders.

Tyron has been:
- been inactive for a year
- coming off a lackluster 2 fight winning streak
- His latest victory, a pitiful sparring session against an obese Kelvin

#JoeSilvaMatchmaking

Last edited:
Makes sense. Can't keep dicking Woodley over and keeping him on the shelf. Lawler all the way.
He's chosen to sit on the shelf. He believed a split over zombie Gastelum was worth a TS. Wonderboy got dicked over, here.

I think Tyron is the better fighter, but I picked Robbie. I find Woodley chokes in big fights. I'm sure he would have found a way to lose the Condit fight if wasn't for the injury.

I think Tyron is the better fighter, but I picked Robbie. I find Woodley chokes in big fights. I'm sure he would have found a way to lose the Condit fight if wasn't for the injury.
Hate when people say this. Condit had like a minute of success before the injury but other than that Woodley was in total control.

I like both but Robbie takes this in brutal fashion.

Woodley so doesn't deserve it. Hoping Lawler will smash him. I got Lawler by TKO in round 3.

Hate when people say this. Condit had like a minute of success before the injury but other than that Woodley was in total control.

You seem confused my friend. I didn't even so much as imply that Condit was winning. I just said I believe in Tyron's ability to lose big fights. Hence "found a way to lose".

I also picked Robbie because his TDD has been great recently. However, huge chance that Woodley gets him down and wins rounds that way. I can see this going to a decision and it going to Woodley for sure.

I got Woodley by upset. I feel like Lawler might lose by KO here. All those wars with Hendrick and Rory will catch up on him.

Back