Robbie Lawler has been fighting since UFC 37 in 2002!

Hendo's been fighting since UFC 17 in 1998, just knocked out a top 10 WW dead for the 1st time in his career and fighting for the title next

Vitor's been fighting since UFC 12 in 1997, altho Vitor has had multiple year+ long layoffs in that span

Yup.

Hope he rematches Nick Diaz one of these days.

This...Nick is from that same era.

@TheRassler is a well-known GSP hater (see his av and sig). He's gonna ignore GSP's legacy because he doesn't like GSP's style, so he crowns Robbie the WW GOAT. Not sure if he's ever heard of Matt Hughes, but to be honest if Lawler defends the title another couple of times, you can make the argument Robbie's above Hughes.

@TheRassler is a troll.

Lawler is too old and has way to many miles to defend the belt more than a few more times. I would favour Condit, Wonder Boy, GSP and possibly Gasteleum in future fights.

He has 10 losses and is the WW Goat?

If you look at his profile pic i don't think he likes GSP. TheRassler can't handle the riddum

Last edited:
Hendo's been fighting since UFC 17 in 1998, just knocked out a top 10 WW dead for the 1st time in his career and fighting for the title next

Vitor's been fighting since UFC 12 in 1997, altho Vitor has had multiple year+ long layoffs in that span

Hendo and Vitor are TRT freaks

Robbie has been 100% natty his entire career

Let that sink in

With all these other guys getting "too much wear-n-tear" that have fought way later than him or getting cut from the UFC, he's still a top contender in the division and still looks extremely impressive.

I like your post and it's a great shoutout to one of my fave fighters; but I just can't help nitpicking on you calling him a "top contender" :) He's the current champ.

People like lawler because of his style and he wins the last 30 seconds of every fight. I personally had him losing to hendrix (clearly 3 to 2, but he won the last 30 sec in dramatic fashion) and I also had him loseing to condit in almost every aspect of the fight. He is a good fighter with a good story but far from the WW goat and far from dominant in my opinion. I think Diaz still takes him, i think wonderboy beats him and i think condit beats him in a rematch.

The only active UFC fighters that have made their UFC debuts sooner then Lawler are Belfort and Hendo. Vitor made his UFC debut at UFC 12 and Hendo's debut was at UFC 18.

Lawler is my guy, but there's no fucking way he is in the conversation for GOAT. Its GSP, without question. GSP is one of the P4P best ever, let alone at WW.

The saga continues right before your eyes.
The saga continues 'cause it's do or die.
The saga continues right before your eyes. You know why?
"Why?"
'Cause I'm Ruthless for life.

lol he looks like a right geek with hair, the shaved look definitely suits him. He also has the same punch drunk slurry voice back then too so I guess thats just his natural drawl rather than from years of accumulated head trauma.

Back