• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robbery at Apple California

Im not arguing with you personally sir, I just think the mentality of people today is off putting.

Agreed, sir.

However, I consider Apple fanboyism a bigger problem than people not wanting to get involved in petty theft. That to me is more off putting, that we have an economic system in which Apple can own suicide-factory sweatshops and yet nobody really gives a fuck and Apple is considered this elite, progressive bastion of futuristic tech.

Bah...

Agreed, sir.

However, I consider Apple fanboyism a bigger problem than people not wanting to get involved in petty theft. That to me is more off putting, that we have an economic system in which Apple can own suicide-factory sweatshops and yet nobody really gives a fuck and Apple is considered this elite, progressive bastion of futuristic tech.

Bah...

I said earlier in the thread that I don't care about Apple.
I don't buy their shit ever.

First off, the clientele are a bunch of computer nerds... Secondly, why tf should they endanger their safety for Apple? Apple doesn't care about them.

Because behaviour like that needs to be stamped on by society for it to be stopped. It's a lack of checks and balances that leads to it.

It doesn't matter who the victim is.

these type of rationalizations and justifications for immoral behavior do little good in the long run .

if we were to employ this wide scale, and turn a blind eye to every one who shop lifts from a major retail store, like Walmart (they take advantage of their employees, F them!), or start raiding Amazon trucks (F Bezos!) or stealing from Microsoft stores (they have immoral business practices!) ..I mean, what's the end game here, when we justify our immoral behavior by pointing out to other immoral behavior ....what is the end result here? Free for all?

Theft is wrong. full stop.
I didn't say stealing the stuff was ok. I was agreeing with the other poster who asked why the members of the public should put themselvs at risk to benefit Apple.

Because behaviour like that needs to be stamped on by society for it to be stopped. It's a lack of checks and balances that leads to it.

It doesn't matter who the victim is.

That’s the politicians fault for passing laws that make it lenient for criminals. Also for the voters afterwards for re electing politicians with same view.

I mean, there's an easy way to stop this shit.

<Fedor23>

We had this thing around here a a couple of years ago called "linchamientos"... it was basically when regular folks caught a robbery live they would beat the shit out of the thief. They also did for alleged rapists mob style.

I think they beat some of them to death and some people ended up in jail because everybody has a smartphone these days and feel the need to film.

But I don't see that happening in an Apple Store in a fucking Mall.. it was more regular folks in the street. I just saw a video of a guy that stole a womans purse (she was holding her baby too) and neighbors caught him a beaten him to death.

Kinda cool that some places in the world still allow some form of street justice.

Around these parts everyone is being recorded and the justice system works in favour of these crooks. Best option is to not get involved - if you do you end up in some sort of legal trouble, going viral, losing your job, etc.

apple should employ security guards

can't expect public consumers to physically confront thieves

When I was working at a pub I was chasing a bloke down the road who'd leant over the counter and stole a bottle of Jacks, a guy in a 4wd coming toward us swerved into the guy and slammed on his brakes so he bounced off the bullbar. Put a couple of boots into the thief and got the JD back, told the driver I'd shout him a few rounds next time he came in. Watching the thief limp off was great. Can't expect customers to do it, but some places they're definitely more likely to.

do you work security? if so, are there specific protocol when you are able to intervene, or physically apprehend subjects or theives?
At Walgreens, Bartells, the security here are not allowed to touch thieves.
We are allowed to intervene and detain. Hasn’t come to that yet though.

My point about Chinese workers is how apple views human lives which you’re purposely being ignorant of. and my buddies? Also hangdguns can be concealed I know that might be mind blowing to yOu, but there are also other weapons, like knives and the sort. Is apple gonna pay for the hospital bills? No they won’t.
Not my fault you’re an idiot who can’t make a distinction of when is the right time to step in.
Never “purposely being —- bla bla”. I’ve acknowledged it, it’s common knowledge and goes without saying. A few whooooole lot of Chinese people got it shitty and their government sucks. Not much evansusmc from Indiana can do about it. Sorry?? But you bringing up their plight is just a deflection that I don’t use.

When did I say I didn’t know about concealed weapons? I also know how to take someone down in a way that makes it very difficult for them to reach for any weapon.

But keep on walking your path that allows criminals to run free and prices of EVERYTHING go up because of it. At least those thieves consider you an ally/friend.

Last edited:
Never “purposely being —- bla bla”. I’ve acknowledged it, it’s common knowledge and goes without saying. A few whooooole lot of Chinese people got it shitty and their government sucks. Not much evansusmc from Indiana can do about it. Sorry?? But you bringing up their plight is just a deflection that I don’t use.

When did I say I didn’t know about concealed weapons? I also know how to take someone down in a way that makes it very difficult for them to reach for any weapon.

But keep on me walking your path that allows criminals to run free and prices of EVERYTHING go up because of it. At least those thieves consider you an ally/friend.
Ok simple Evan you’re right , because people call the cops and video tape the crime, instead of wrestling them down in the moment causes everything in this world to go up in price.
I admire you for such a low IQ you were able to type of so many words. I bet that was painful. Keep spinning the knob of huge corporations because they have never done anything wrong , and if they ever do I’m sure you’ll go tackle their CEO’s and that’ll just end anything bad they’ll ever do again.

Ok simple Evan you’re right , because people call the cops and video tape the crime, instead of wrestling them down in the moment causes everything in this world to go up in price.
I admire you for such a low IQ you were able to type of so many words. I bet that was painful. Keep spinning the knob of huge corporations because they have never done anything wrong , and if they ever do I’m sure you’ll go tackle their CEO’s and that’ll just end anything bad they’ll ever do again.
OK now you are just getting lazy.
At least your thieving friends still got your back.

Kinda cool that some places in the world still allow some form of street justice.

Around these parts everyone is being recorded and the justice system works in favour of these crooks. Best option is to not get involved - if you do you end up in some sort of legal trouble, going viral, losing your job, etc.

. They don't have this problem in other countries. Nobody goes to Siberia twice. Nobody goes to Iran twice because it's hard to snatch another purse if you don't got another hand.

20322dc1234d6abc7005c8b44ff5ff32c6-14-chris-rock-netflix.2x.rhorizontal.w710.jpg

Back