Road to Silva-GSP

crows2

White Belt
Reaction score
So with Dana saying there'll be a couple more fights before we see the superfight, the lineup looks pretty straight-forward:

Silva vs Bisping
then
Silva vs Weidman

GSP vs Diaz
then
GSP vs Hendricks

After those fights, surely the superfight will be on.

after those fights there will be some other contender for both to be ducking

after those fights there will be some other contender for both to be ducking

Yeah your right...because they're the ones who have got the privilege of choosing who the number1 contenders to they're titles have been over the last few years....you are so awesome and smart.......NOT!!!!

I don't think it even takes that long. I think the UFC was DESPERATE to make this happen right away, but GSP didn't feel quite ready off the long layoff with just the one fight.

So, GSP hand picked Nick Diaz, someone who also is coming off a long layoff, for one more fight before the big Superfight.

I see AS waiting it out and not fighting again before GSP.

Weidman and moreso Hendricks can completely screw up the Superfight aura with upset wins and I don't think any of the three parties involved want to blow this fight.

I see GSP smashing Diaz for 5 rounds in March setting up the Superfight in Cowboys Stadium in July or August.

But what the hell do I know. Haha.

I really don't expect Silva-GSP to happen now. Now was the time for it to happen and it didn't. Silva will probably fight at MW and LHW a bunch now.

I really don't expect Silva-GSP to happen now. Now was the time for it to happen and it didn't. Silva will probably fight at MW and LHW a bunch now.

This was not the time. GSP looked anything but unbeatable at 170 and had not shaken off the rust of a nearly two year lay off.

At his very best GSP has little shot against Silva.

He has not been his very best probably since the Alves fight.

the ironic thing about 'super-fights' - they never really happen.

So with Dana saying there'll be a couple more fights before we see the superfight, the lineup looks pretty straight-forward:

Silva vs Bisping
then
Silva vs Weidman

GSP vs Diaz
then
GSP vs Hendricks

After those fights, surely the superfight will be on.

It won't happen...let it go :redface:

GSP isnt going to even consider the idea until Anderson is his mid 40's. He's scared.

GSP isnt going to even consider the idea until Anderson is his mid 40's. He's scared.

He's not scared.

He's not ready to move up.

He's at 170, he'll fight anyone at 170.

If Silva wants him he knows where to find him.

Silva is calling him out, he has the ability to go where GSP is.

3533047-a-dead-end-sign-with-a-defoliated-tree-in-the-background-lends-an-ominous-tone.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back