Rnc

Rotaryengine

Orange Belt
Reaction score
When performed flawlessly it is a thing of beauty. A true finishing move, the lion killer. That feeling when its completely locked down, damm I want to have that feeling in a fight so bad. I have become obsessed with the RNC as of late, my insperation is marcello. But my motivation is that feel you get when you sink in the choke on somone who was talking trash on the mat. Or who may have slammed you when you tried a triangle. RNC for life

Ranting and ravings of a fighter prepairing for battle.

It's very hard to sink RNC in submission grappling and BJJ against good guys. It's very hard to sink underneath the chin when defense is good. So taking the back doesn't guarantee a submission.

It's more like a setup for me from back control. I'm usually looking for a triangle, armbar or gi choke.

It's very hard to sink RNC in submission grappling and BJJ against good guys. It's very hard to sink underneath the chin when defense is good. So taking the back doesn't guarantee a submission.

When going for the RNC i tend to mess with the collar a little bit, makes them move their hands and you can work the RNC again

I suck on both ends of this sub. Im not good getting out and Im not good putting it on

I never do the RNC unless it's nogi. Collar is way more practical with the gi.

It's all about the collar.

I suck on both ends of this sub. Im not good getting out and Im not good putting it on

Kinda like Frank Trigg... lol. Seriously tho, yeah, RNCs are great. I get caught from my BJJ guy rollin' fairly frequently.

Ill admit I really enjoy the feeling when you have one arm under the chin and you know its deep. And when your finishing it, it feels like you have complete power for 2 seconds haha.

I have reviewed this so many times and I feel it has increased my RNC percentage

http://youtube.com/watch?v=176SLdBhj_A

Yea with a gi though rnc is abitch, its all about the collar like someone before said

Another tip that has helped alot was a eddie bravo video where he talks about the importaince of the squeeze and how it can be developed.

up until recently it was easier for me to get the triangle from the back than the RNC. It became my go to move I might have to fight to get it for 30 -45 seconds but I was getting it 85% of the time in class .
Until I got in told to go back to basics and quit depending on more complicated stuff .
then I realized how often I was passing up wide open RNC's armbars etc .
now I catch them on bigger stronger more athletic people all day

I catch a lot of people with it, I threaten a lot with a collar choke and use it to slide my hand in there, once I have my hand there, I look for them to defend, I relieve the pressure on their neck and work the pressure up to open their neck. Once I open their neck I slide my other arm across his neck, then it's just a matter of clamping down and going for the squeeze.

The best way to get your arm under the neck for the "Lion Killer". Is to threaten the neck first then set the hooks. If you are choking them the hooks will come. That's how I get choked.

Ill admit I really enjoy the feeling when you have one arm under the chin and you know its deep. And when your finishing it, it feels like you have complete power for 2 seconds haha.

Agreed, the RNC is probably the most gratifying sub and simultaneously the most humbling sub as well. I need a hug sub.

My favorite technique as well.
The beauty of the Rnc is that when applied correctly a 120 pound guy can choke out +300lbs. guys in a matter of seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back