Rizin GP Event Info for US viewers - get your answers here.

Vovchanchyn Fan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Here, in one simple thread, is the info you need if you are in the US to watch the most exciting Japanese MMA this year - Rizin World GP 2016. Plus, you can avoid interrupting the Rizin threads with the same questions making it more enjoyable for you and all readers :)

Where can I watch?
Eversport.tv will be streaming both events: https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin

Here's a direct link for the first event:
https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin/2016/12/29/2nd-round-world-gp-2016

and second event (finals)
https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin/2016/12/31/final-round-world-gp-2016

Is it free? Will the stream be solid?
Yes and yes. It is free. Eversport hosted the last Rizin stream and it was rock solid, high clarity and no ads and 100% free.
Based on the last event, you will absolutely get your full $0.00 worth from the Eversport stream.

When / what time will it be in the US?
Evening time Wednesday Dec 28th and Friday Dec 30th US time (Japan is one day ahead so you'll see it listed as Dec 29th and Dec 31st but you need to subtract a day to be on time.) *Technically for EST viewers you are same day but simpler to just plan for a late night Wed and Friday.

What time will it start?
US East Coast (EST) = 1 AM
West Coast (PST) = 10PM

Is Wandy fighting CroCop?
No. It's now CroCop vs King Mo.

Will Heath Herring be commentating? Is Carwin fighting?
No and no. Herring is now in the event, fighting Aliakbari as a replacement for Carwin.
Note - no real explanation given for Carwin's withdrawal. Only statement was "Sakakibara said that he is out for personal reasons."

Is the card complete?
Yes. As usual with Rizin, it only finalized days before the event but here are the official cards for both Dec 28 and Dec 30th:
15578264_1835471456728695_1723988097354746288_o.jpg

and the 30th (US time):
15419732_1835471413395366_7277199126002058954_o.jpg

See you in the PBP for a year end MMA extravaganza!

Last edited:
Have all the fights been announced?

Is the card complete?

So hyped for the krazy horse rematch

I hope he knocks him out again in 1 punch

It is only the 28th and 30th for the West Coast of USA. They take place on the same day as Japan at 1am on the East Coast.

How come the Krazy Horse fight is amateur style with 3 x 3 minute rounds?

For the 2nd event, y does it say on the fight card " quater finals winner #1-#4? r the losers from from the heavyweight tourney also gonna fight each other on the 30th?

Does anyone knows what's up with the special rules for the Krazy Horse match?

So it's just 3x3 rounds?

do they host the video for replay purposes? don't know if i'm going to be able to stay up all night watching it in the middle of the week this time.

It is only the 28th and 30th for the West Coast of USA. They take place on the same day as Japan at 1am on the East Coast.
Yes, technically you are correct and I've noted in my post. However, I didn't originally post that as it's simpler to note that US viewers, EST and PST, should plan on a late night for Wed the 28th and Friday the 30th to watch, even if the date flips for EST. Otherwise if people think night time on the 29th and 31st they will miss it.

Have a feeling the Gaby fight will resemble Kimbo vs Dada.

Just catering to Philips K-1 Background.
Plus I believe it is traditional Shooto Rookie rules. They don't really have an amateur system over there.
do they host the video for replay purposes? don't know if i'm going to be able to stay up all night watching it in the middle of the week this time.
Might be 24 hour replay window like last time. Nothing is for certain, but all the fights will be on Youtube. If you like the experience of Japanese trademark video packages and walkouts they will probably not be on Youtube due to copyright.

How come the Krazy Horse fight is amateur style with 3 x 3 minute rounds?
cmon lets not pretend we don't know why, this is gonna be over in a few seconds, someone is getting knocked out in the first few seconds or krazy horse will gas after 10 seconds, the whole time and round thing is just a formality

its so awesome that these cards are free and on HQ streams...its as if the MMA gods are rewarding us for being fans for all this time.

Here, in one simple thread, is the info you need if you are in the US to watch the most exciting Japanese MMA this year - Rizin World GP 2016. Plus, you can avoid interrupting the Rizin threads with the same questions making it more enjoyable for you and all readers :)

Where can I watch?
Eversport.tv will be streaming both events: https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin

Here's a direct link for the first event:
https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin/2016/12/29/2nd-round-world-gp-2016

and second event (finals)
https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin/2016/12/31/final-round-world-gp-2016

Is it free? Will the stream be solid?
Yes and yes. It is free. Eversport hosted the last Rizin stream and it was rock solid, high clarity and no ads and 100% free.
Based on the last event, you will absolutely get your full $0.00 worth from the Eversport stream.

When / what time will it be in the US?
Evening time Wednesday Dec 28th and Friday Dec 30th US time (Japan is one day ahead so you'll see it listed as Dec 29th and Dec 31st but you need to subtract a day to be on time.) *Technically for EST viewers you are same day but simpler to just plan for a late night Wed and Friday.

What time will it start?
US East Coast (EST) = 1 AM
West Coast (PST) = 10PM

Is Wandy fighting CroCop?
No. It's now CroCop vs King Mo.

Will Heath Herring be commentating? Is Carwin fighting?
No and no. Herring is now in the event, fighting Aliakbari as a replacement for Carwin.

Is the card complete?
Yes. As usual with Rizin, it only finalized days before the event but here are the official cards for both Dec 28 and Dec 30th:
15578264_1835471456728695_1723988097354746288_o.jpg

and the 30th (US time):
15419732_1835471413395366_7277199126002058954_o.jpg

See you in the PBP for a year end MMA extravaganza!

Many thanks bro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back