RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 1 PBP (Discussion) 1am EST

I got the days off from work and am going to make a good week out of it. Today's my last work day this week.
Ah I wish I could as well. Have days I could take but just isn't enough for me to even consider it.

But a part of me dies when I realize I won't get to see Sapp and Ake live while on here.

Ah I wish I could as well. Have days I could take but just isn't enough for me to even consider it.

But a part of me dies when I realize I won't get to see Sapp and Ake live while on here.

That's one of the main reasons, I seriously wanted to see Sapp/Akebono live. The first one was a total spectacle, and the second should be nothing short of miraculous. If the fight makes it past five minutes, all bets are off. I want to be able to say "I watched RIZIN live," even though most of my mma fan friends barely even know what RIZIN is.

I don't think many people know about Rizin let alone my friends. It's kind of crazy how little I've seen it talked about even on major MMA outlets.

Aoki getting KO'd in a mixed rules fight against a cos-playing kickboxer is a highlight in my memory as well.

Yep, Jienotsu is fighting on the Iza card on the 31st, that wacky cosplayer.

The fact that Sapp or Ake is going to pick up a W is a sign of the apocalypse imo.

So what are they doing on the middle day of the event? Just a souvenir fair or something?

The fact that Sapp or Ake is going to pick up a W is a sign of the apocalypse imo.

It will make me sick if this gives Sapp the opportunity to go out with a win. He deserves to have his career end in a string of pathetic losses.

louganis.jpg

So for the spike show Thursday morning they will have fedor and the best matches from the 29th and 31st?

The 29th card is not airing?

Spike will air the Fedor fight, probably the GP, Aoki, and other big fights from both events.

I don't think many people know about Rizin let alone my friends. It's kind of crazy how little I've seen it talked about even on major MMA outlets.

There is a certain company which has a pretty good hold on much of the U.S. MMA "media" (if you want to call it that).

Day 1 Weigh-in Results
Kazushi Sakuraba (171) vs. Shinya Aoki (169.75)
Satoshi Ishii (219) vs. Jiri Prochazka (211.5)
Goran Reljic (215) vs. Vadim Nemkov (219.5)
Teodoras Aukstuolis (216) vs. Bruno Henrique Cappelozza (218)
Muhammed Lawal (214) vs. Brett McDermott (215)
Yuta Uchida (209) vs. Valentin Moldavsky (215)
Hiroyuki Takaya (143) vs. Daiki Hata (143)
Hideo Tokoro (135) vs. Kizaemon Saiga (136)
A.J. Matthews (184) vs. Anatoly Tokov (185)
Yuki Motoya (125) vs. Felipe Efrain (128)
Kirill Sidelnikov (253) vs. Carlos Toyota (259)
Tsuyoshi Kosaka (220.5) vs. James Thompson (291)

Day 1 Weigh-in Results
Kazushi Sakuraba (171) vs. Shinya Aoki (169.75)
Satoshi Ishii (219) vs. Jiri Prochazka (211.5)
Goran Reljic (215) vs. Vadim Nemkov (219.5)
Teodoras Aukstuolis (216) vs. Bruno Henrique Cappelozza (218)
Muhammed Lawal (214) vs. Brett McDermott (215)
Yuta Uchida (209) vs. Valentin Moldavsky (215)
Hiroyuki Takaya (143) vs. Daiki Hata (143)
Hideo Tokoro (135) vs. Kizaemon Saiga (136)
A.J. Matthews (184) vs. Anatoly Tokov (185)
Yuki Motoya (125) vs. Felipe Efrain (128)
Kirill Sidelnikov (253) vs. Carlos Toyota (259)
Tsuyoshi Kosaka (220.5) vs. James Thompson (291)

Great job with the discussion thread and all the info as usual!

Cause nobody cares about it, if fans cared sites would cover it.

JT Megapunk at 291 damn, this is all just gonna be so great and is making me feel all warm and giddy. Hiroyuki Takaya is a big plus for me aswell. Souwer aswell, the whole event is great but aside from this tournament there is some names on here that I am really happy too see.

There is a certain company which has a pretty good hold on much of the U.S. MMA "media" (if you want to call it that).
Don't think that's fair. If there was more interest people would cover it. This show isn't getting any more buzz than a random Bellator event from fans stand point.

Maybe it's big in Japan but yeah, here. Media and fans don't seem invested in it. Maybe its just the Fedor fight being weak, think had it been a better fight it would be getting more buzz.

Shit so it starts tonight eh? Guess i gotta pull an all nighter, good thing i slept for like 13 hours last night

I would be interested to see what the fan expos looks like tomorrow too. I assume we can see it through fighter instagrams. I think Kawajiri was posting that he was going to be there.

Still need a little clarification on when the Day 1 Card actually starts. Getting some information on this whole thing has been a little difficult.

Back