RIZIN 2 Announced for April 16

E

Edwin

Nobuyuki Sakakibara announced yesterday during a press conference that their first event next year will be RIZIN 2 which will be held at the Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan.

The Yokohama Arena can hold a total of up to 17,000 in attendance.

I think its a good thing to put a event in different arena. Not just in Saitama Super Arena. If rizin will be big(which I'm really hoping) they can put a event in Tokyo Dome

I assume it will be similar to last April's event where they focus more on their homegrown talent and less on fighters they are being lent for one offs

I think its a good thing to put a event in different arena. Not just in Saitama Super Arena. If rizin will be big(which I'm really hoping) they can put a event in Tokyo Dome
I like this idea, however this is something I hope they don't attempt for the near future.

They would have take a lot of time to create and build new names, plus get some K-1 participation, get Antonio Inoki involved in some way, get Hiroshi Tanahashin from New Japan for a fight and get some celebrities to crossover and take a fight, get some Sumo's to crossover and build up a rematch between Bob Sapp and Akebono and have Rickson Gracie participate in some way, possibly against Sakuraba to do well at the Tokyo Dome.

They need to figure out their numbering system.

If they want to hit the "big time" in Japan they need to have an event here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryōgoku_Kokugikan

Most well known arena in Japan. I know it's a traditionally only sumo arena but it's going to be the place for the 2020 Olympic boxing.

Nice. Sounds like their schedule may be close to what it was last year.

They need to figure out their numbering system.

Non Grand Prix events are numbered whereas grand prix events are "World Grand Prix 201x" then the round. Last april was Rizin 1, this will be Rizin 2

I hope RIZIN 2 goes crazy and throws out all the rules

RIZIN boses should use these non holiday season events as a kind of giant experimental lab and breeding ground rather than just hosting another event

The holiday season should be the fruit of the past year's toil and it should be like that every year

fedor is on a 4 fight contract with Bellator.
Bellator lends their guys to Rizin though, King Mo literally fought last night. Fedor vs Josh Barnett once the UFC cuts him would sell great in Japan.

Nice. That's on Easter Sunday and also my birthday :)

I hope Bellator can get some guys in there again. Patricky, Caveman, Kato, Ward, or Grove would be good.

Rizin, please do a 135 tourny this time.

Back