Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm curious on the RS100 pro sparring gloves:

https://rivalboxing.us/products/100-series-pro-sparring-gloves

rival_RS100_whitegold_01.jpg

Look like grant clones

The gloves and headgear looks really nice, but the price tag is not lol

Hopefully someone will grab a pair soon and give us feedback.

The gloves and headgear looks really nice, but the price tag is not lol

Hopefully someone will grab a pair soon and give us feedback.

Yeah and I think these gloves might be their first "hand-crafted" model to be available as stock? I know the RFX Guerrero series is handcrafted but is only available when custom ordering.

Yeah and I think these gloves might be their first "hand-crafted" model to be available as stock? I know the RFX Guerrero series is handcrafted but is only available when custom ordering.

Ha k. Would make sens.

You can buy the RFX Guerrero pro fight gloves and the Velcro bag model in stock models off their website. They have a separate option for custom versions.

I don’t like that these gloves aren’t real leather; also, I’m not a fan of that mesh in the palm area...it makes them look kind of cheap in my opinion.

I hate the mesh and the buckle closure on the headgear but it looks like I might have something new to review soon

You can buy the RFX Guerrero pro fight gloves and the Velcro bag model in stock models off their website. They have a separate option for custom versions.

Yeah I'm aware of that. I forgot to mention that I was only referring to training/sparring/bag gloves, not fight gloves.

I actually have a pair of Rival 10oz HDE fight gloves, and they are some of the best fitting & most comfortable gloves I have ever worn.

So with these new RS100 gloves being the first hand-crafted stock-available training gloves, it's no wonder they're so pricey.. and that's with synthetic leather.

Yeah I'm aware of that. I forgot to mention that I was only referring to training/sparring/bag gloves, not fight gloves.

I actually have a pair of Rival 10oz HDE fight gloves, and they are some of the best fitting & most comfortable gloves I have ever worn.

So with these new RS100 gloves being the first hand-crafted stock-available training gloves, it's no wonder they're so pricey.. and that's with synthetic leather.
Have you ever tried the RFX Guerrero bag gloves with the Velcro closure? I love them personally. I think they are basically the same as the HDE-F version (which I believe is the stiffer model) of the fight gloves, just with Velcro instead of laces. However, I haven’t tried the fight gloves yet, so I’m not sure if there are other differences or not.

I wish Rival would at least offer these gloves in leather, even if the price is higher. They seem to really be high on this “super microfibre” material as they call it, but I’ve tried it and while it seems durable and I’m sure it’s probably fine, I’d still just rather have good old fashioned leather.

Have you ever tried the RFX Guerrero bag gloves with the Velcro closure? I love them personally. I think they are basically the same as the HDE-F version (which I believe is the stiffer model) of the fight gloves, just with Velcro instead of laces. However, I haven’t tried the fight gloves yet, so I’m not sure if there are other differences or not.

No I haven't but I was told by Rival that there are no differences between them besides the obvious laces vs .Velcro closure .

I was originally considering the Velcro ones until I decided to use the new Lace N Loop converters with the lace up gloves; they work great.

No I haven't but I was told by Rival that there are no differences between them besides the obvious laces vs .Velcro closure .

I was originally considering the Velcro ones until I decided to use the new Lace N Loop converters with the lace up gloves; they work great.
Ok cool, thanks for the info. And yes, those lace and loops are a life-saver; just got mine a few weeks ago.

I'm interested in these gloves, so I'm bumping the thread. Anyone got a pair yet?

I did not buy them but had a chance to try a pair at the store.

They are very compact and feels amazing. Padding is pretty hard so will take a few rounds on the bag to soften them up.

Great wrist support. The 219$ price tag is a bit high imo for syntec leather.

Back