Rival High Performance Sparring Gloves (Short Cuff)

Jd Hidlebaugh

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
So, after debating what kind of sparring gloves I wanted to purchase, I decided on the Rival High Performance Sparring model in 16 ounce and luckily my fiancee purchased them for me for my birthday in September. I've been on a hiatus due to ACL reconstruction but finally got to use these gloves last week and they are SICK!

First, I train in Muay Thai, Boxing, and MMA. I only use these gloves when sparring, obviously, and absolutely love them. They fit my hand perfectly and cup my fingers to perfection. After sparring with these and then moving to my Everlast gloves to do pad and bag work, Im seriously contemplating buying a pair of Rival bag gloves. It's night and day on how tight these gloves cup you hand and protect it.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
P5070003.jpg

P5070004.jpg

P5070005.jpg

P5070006.jpg

They were $99.99 plus $10 shipping and handling and well worth every penny!

Seriously, how can you compare those cheap ass everlasts to rivals. If I were you, I would stop using those for bag work. A friend of mine briefly let me use test out his rival bag gloves (RB2 I think) and they were pretty damn good. Comfortable and good protection.

At the moment, on a college budget, I dont exactly have the cash to throw down on a nice pair of bag gloves.

I figured I would get the sparring gloves so I didnt cut my partners up first.

At the moment, on a college budget, I dont exactly have the cash to throw down on a nice pair of bag gloves.

I figured I would get the sparring gloves so I didnt cut my partners up first.

Yeah money's always the problem. I just would be careful with those everlasts. When I used them I hurt my hand so I always tell people to stay the fuck away from those. I have the good everlasts but they cost like 40 bucks more than those.

Ive used the Everlast gloves for almost 3 years for bag and pad work. No real problems so far. I think it all matters on how you wrap your hands honestly.

As soon I get my cash back from books I'm getting new gloves and paying for my custom mouthguard.

If you're going to get Rival bag gloves make sure to get the better ones. I've got a cheaper pair and they aren't that great.

It's between the Rival bag gloves and Title's IMF Gel Tech bag gloves.

Regardless, I just thought I'd throw this review up as I didnt see one in this forum.

Ive used the Everlast gloves for almost 3 years for bag and pad work. No real problems so far. I think it all matters on how you wrap your hands honestly.

As soon I get my cash back from books I'm getting new gloves and paying for my custom mouthguard.

Yea I have a pair of those everylasts at my house that I use when hitting the heavy bag in my garage. If you wrap well they dont give me any trouble. Those rival's look fine as hell though I might have to check out getting a pair.

Back