Ringworm and Training

Colby18***

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know this has done a million times and I searched. But the thing is I'm training for an upcoming fight and just recently was infected with staph and ringworm on my head. Staph is pretty much all gone and I can cover it up (its on my arm). I havent sparred with anybody for the last 4 or 5 days since I first discovered it.

Now the quesiton is about the ringworm. I sat out last night and just watched which compleltly sucked. Its on my head so I shaved my head bald last night so I could easily apply the cream taht was perscribed to me and also I figured i could tape it up maybe?

My game plan is to cover it up wiht big ass bandaids then on top of that buy one of those swim caps taht swimmer uses and just wear that, that way i dont infect any of my teammates.

Most of the time I'd just sit out but unfortuanlty i have a fight coming up and time away from trainign.....is not good. I also read and my doctor told me 2 days after teh antibiotics (for the staph) and 2 days of the cream (for rignworm) and im ready to rock n roll....but I've been reading on here taht you should wait till its completly gone.

I'm worried about my teammates but at the same time I need to train...so im in a bit of situation. Suggestions?

the sreading of the ringworm is got to stop, take a stand, say no.

Dude wait till your clean of that stuff ..........All your gonna do is piss off your buddies at the club ...When you start back try this, after your home(from rolling ) scrubb your hands and feet (I lather up head to toe )at least with a antimicrobial soap it will help you not to pick up any more nasty things from the matt ....Watch a day of Zen with Sperry and you'll see him do pretty much the same thing I just mentioned . It works for me !

suggestion?

Wait til it's 100% completely gone......ringworm is like a raging forest fire on a hot dry day.....it spreads w/ ease and with quickness.

You're a selfish dick if you're willing to infect your team mates so you can train/fight - there are no excuses.

Sit it out,

If you come back to early, you will give it to a teammate it'll spread and then you'll end up with it again on a different part of you body.

Ringworm is easily preventable, you should make sure to shower as soon as possible after training and that you guys mops your mats often.

How long do these staph and ringworm conditions last? How can you be cetain when it's gone? Also, what if you have full head of hair, how would you know that you got it on your head? Also, do you have to use a seperate shower and sleep in a different bed than your spouse if you have these conditions?

I feel your pain Colby as I am forced to sit out with ringworm. It started off on my knee and now it has moved to my wrist (two places)and my inner thigh. Sitting on the sidelines is bad enough but the fungus won't stop spreading. Can anyone help me to stop the spreading?

Envious said:
I feel your pain Colby as I am forced to sit out with ringworm. It started off on my knee and now it has moved to my wrist (two places)and my inner thigh. Sitting on the sidelines is bad enough but the fungus won't stop spreading. Can anyone help me to stop the spreading?
See A doctor to get a prescription and don't touch it unless your putting meds on it , also avoid hot showers . That's what a doctor who trains with us said to one of my buddies who got it ....

idk guys...alot of sites i read say its no longer contagious:

http://www.teengrowth.com/index.cfm...=1307&category=body&catdesc=Body&subdesc=Skin

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_ringworm_hhg.htm

and i talked the doctor again today and I explained my situation and assured me taht after 2 to 4 days that I am no longer contagious. So i'm back training and my trainer tells me he got it before n was forced to train with it too n was told that after 2 to 4 days its no longer contagious if your on meds.

I tell all my sparring partners that i have it, and there fine with it. I'm gonna feel like a dick if it turns out ive been infectin them.

NOrmally i'd jus sit out and play it safe and wait till its no longer there but I have a fight coming up. So going in there unprepared due to ringworm and end up getting my ass beat cuz i sat out of trainin for 3 or 4 weeks would suck....

DKM76 said:
How long do these staph and ringworm conditions last? How can you be cetain when it's gone? Also, what if you have full head of hair, how would you know that you got it on your head? Also, do you have to use a seperate shower and sleep in a different bed than your spouse if you have these conditions?

so does anyone know the answers to these questions?

If it is in a spot where it is not visible use bleach to kill it.

my doctor also said if you cover it up it's okay to go back on the mat.

DKM76 said:
so does anyone know the answers to these questions?

I'll tell you what I've learned the past week or so.

staph conditions last for about 10 days once you begin treating it with antibiotics and is no longer contagious after 2 days on the medication. While ringworm after treating it with medication is still contagious to 2 to 4 days and can be visible for up to 3 to 4 weeks.

AFter it appears it is gone (ringworm that is) your suppose to keep applying medication to it for a week or so...while Staph mine is pretyt much cleared right up after 6 days but they told me to use all of the medicaiton till there is none left.

IF you have a fullhead of hair and are worried about it on your head (ringworm)...two things will happen: you will notice it cause it may itch alot...or you'll start to lose hair when you have the ringworm and leave little bald patches on your head. Luckily for me while i noticable saw the staph I checked my entire body and notice that ringworm was starting to appear...so i immediatly went to the hospital and caught it early...so my ringworm hasnt even itched at all. It was also easier for me cause i shave my head.

YOu dont have to use a seperate shower for the first couple of days of ringworm but until it is no longer contagious do not share towels, hats, combs, and it can be cuaght off the couch and bedsheets...but is unlikely unless you sweat all over your couch...and all other stuff you may do in your bed ;) lol.

HOpe that cleared it up a bit.

flyingknee16 said:
my doctor also said if you cover it up it's okay to go back on the mat.

and its very likey to still go through the thing you covered the area with and when you roll if you have a plaster it WILL come off

mmahamzah said:
and its very likey to still go through the thing you covered the area with and when you roll if you have a plaster it WILL come off

Just tellin' everyone what my doctor said...

Back