StRatoCastR

Gear Tester/Reviewer
@Brown
Reaction score
Updated with Video 11-17-13

[YT]0sUdurmbne0[/MEDIA]

Updated 10-22-13 in YELLOW

Wel-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-lcome to the Ring to Cage Custom Glove Review:

Ok folks, we saw that the R2C Mexican gloves were pretty protective, but of course I had to see 1st hand what Mohsin and his team were capable of Regarding custom gloves. I had ordered these prior to getting R2C Mexicans though.

Everyone knows I have ALOT of customs, I own more customs than I do off the shelf gloves.

So, here is what I asked for, I asked Mohsin to hook me up with his best MiM foam, but with gel underneath it all for the extra protection. I was hoping the gel would combat the springy recoil of the Injected foam.

The Gel to be honest that I added is unneeded, the Deluxe MiM does NOT recoil. So getting the pure Deluxe non custom version will suffice

Mohsin from Ring to Cage can be contacted via: [email protected].

I asked for a Silver and Black with White inner thumbs. MiM with Gel underneath it all, and the Ring to Cage Deluxe Hook and Loop Closure as well as the shell.

So I cracked open the package after what seemed to be a LONG wait. I believe turnaround was 7 weeks total.

The Review:

The Look:
The silver a medium brightness, it wasn't aged looking like my Mexican classics, but it wasn't super shiny either. The black really made it pop, all the printed logos where also silver and black; very nice touch! I would say these gloves are slightly compact. They don't fit me all long down the forearms or anything.

I know since I ordered these some people have ordered the Deluxe MiMs and have been 100% happy with them! I am loving the silver, and the color is holding up. They are one of my favorite gloves and are in the Set rotation

Stitching:
Superb, error free!

The Feel:
The feel was great, I had also asked for a smaller hand compartment so these fit me perfect with wraps on. Thumb very ideal, nice tight fist, The glove had a easy to make fist which is ironic for anyone that's used an injected foam before. Usually its pretty stiff and rigid until its broken in. Never the less, it felt broken in closing the fist, but opening the fist, rounds need to be logged in to it to do so.

The hand compartment: Its tailored just like my Beaulieus, so it is fitted for my hand specifically, beautiful.
There is an elastic strap as shown on the photo in the palm area that pulls the glove more tightly together. Again, very Reyes like.

The dri-max lining, as well as the vast number of vent holes kept my hands very cool.
The lining dries fast, and as I said in past review, very much a fan of it.

Some people have complained that the Dri-max is coarse... I STILL don't see it, maybe they have sensitive hands I don't know, but to me its just fine, more importantly IT WORKS!

The leather:
It feels more like my Gel Mexican R2C, its very soft, its pliable, pretty damn good quality.

The Protection:
The protection outperforms that of even my Ring to Cage Mexican gloves. I didn't get ANY springiness of the Injected Foam, the foam was very, very shock absorbent. The Gel coupled with the MiM took away any kind of weird springiness to it. Like I said these gloves edge out my Mexicans. But the cut and shape are obviously different as well as the foam.

Man, I am in love with Ring to cages DELUXE MiM, please do not confuse this with the Elite MiM, they are NOT the same foam or type or even density. Super protective gloves, They started off soft to begin with but man... when they are broke in SUPER nice!

The Weight:
Despite having GEL tech, the weight comes in true. I find it funny how most Gel gloves come in heavy but R2C always seems to get theirs correct...

The Wrist:
Very padded yet ANOTHER thing I forgot to mention, but I will cover it here. The Inner wrist is very Reyes like which im an obvious fan of! HELLO! Look at my avatar! Anyhow, Mohsin threw in an Easter egg and also put a R2C Embossed logo on the inner wrist!! The full hook and loop closure is great it mimics that of a Reyes Velcro closure, since that's what it is based on, and it offers stellar support for a Velcro glove.

The Velcro isn't weenie either like some brands are, it sticks it stays and it doesn't peel easily.

I prefer this closure vs ANY other closure to date that R2C offers. Sometimes the old school way works best. This is a prime example. I prefer this closure over the Safety strap.

Price:
$130 for the glove, Mohsin and his team did a phenomenal job and I've been buying more and more R2C stuff. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely do another custom glove for sure. So I think the price is right for a great custom glove!

Overall:
Very happy with the glove, I like MiM I like Layered, and gel, so I tried to take all the springiness off the MiM which was achieved. 130 is a GREAT price for a custom glove, I think Mohsin did an awesome job! I would highly recommend the custom option to those seeking one at a cheaper more affordable price. Mohsin takes great pride in what he does, very happy with the custom glove. Very good gloves, hold up well. I think Mohsin should promote the Deluxe MiM as his flagship glove, the padding and wrist closure are my favorites of all the R2C stuff. The gloves as an excellent workhorse glove that are SUPER protective, very absorbent, and get the job done!

Score: 96 / A

For those that do not like to read (

Last edited:
54no.jpg

6ij1.jpg

onan.jpg

Last edited:
Definatetly nice work. I'm sure Moshin is glad the shit storm has died down over the c-17's

LOL probably, it definitely was a nightmare for him im sure, and probably still is, he handled it the best way he could (Shihtzu would disagree lol) but yeah.

I still use my 17s, obviously not to spar with though.

7 week turn around is definitely a bitch. Worth it overall?

Yeah I think so, pretty happy with these gloves!

But its all coming to an end lol, once I get my Beaulieu mitts and gloves I think im done. :(

Probably gloves are a bit like girls, there are some objectively pretty fine in many ways, despite this some guys simply don't like them.

Exactly what these gloves are to me. I believe they are fine, but don't them. Even Boxeo are way nicer to me :)

Though these are not mine, so it is totally unimportant whether I like them or not :)

Nice review, congratulations!

Shihtzu as I said before, I am sending you a pair one day, don't think I forgot.

I think youd be really impressed on the feel atleast. I don't think I can convince you on the look, im ok with that though.

But the way the gloves hit, I think youd be a fan.

I believe they are nice. Also they offer a decent value (considering free U.S. shipping) since they are custom and cost the same as bulk mass-made Ringside IMF.

On the other hand considering they are only 20 cheaper than topboxer11/BB...

They are simply not my taste. I believe they perform well, but there are many gloves with a decent performance and among those I prefer those gloves with a much more pleasant impression (to me).

Sure I gotcha, a lot of the thought into the glove was coupling the MiM with the gel to get rid of the bouncy IMF feel, know what I mean?

I love the way a good IMF feels, I just always hated the recoil associated with its protectiveness.

Gotta give R2C credit for making a gel glove that is true to weight. You hear me title, ringside, etc. Their gel gloves weigh as stated!!!
*smashes head through glass then runs naked down the street in agony*

Wow thanks for the pics man. Very sweet looking gloves.

THose look pretty nice, My r2c safety strap training gloves are true to weight,

Yeah i put like 20+ rounds on them this weekend the foam is really softening up nicely!
very protective.

Those are some pretty sexy gloves... I know it's always a mistake coming back here just to check out everyone's new gear. lol

Back