Which glove do y'all prefer? Ring to cage c17 or sabas super soft 2.0

I am looking for a glove with the following specs

- 16oz
- hook and loop closure
- under 150
- great hand and wrist protection
- durable
- I don't care about colors

If you're willing to go with a lesser known company and write an honest and detailed review for the forum, I'll give you a crazy good deal on that caliber of glove. PM me.

If it's between the two mentioned brands, I'd definitely go with Sabas.

But joeymarvelous's deal sounds promising.

Which glove do y'all prefer? Ring to cage c17 or sabas super soft 2.0

I am looking for a glove with the following specs

- 16oz
- hook and loop closure
- under 150
- great hand and wrist protection
- durable
- I don't care about colors

Out of those two If you're looking for a glove that very closely matches the MS-600's than the Sabas SuperSofts 2.0s are definitely the way to go.

If you want a protective glove that is Winning inspired but differs slightly from the MS-600 mold than you could try UMA's RT-41's or TopBoxers Signature series gloves. The only problem you might find is that they provide such great protection that they do sacrifice some feedback.

If you're willing to go with a lesser known company and write an honest and detailed review for the forum, I'll give you a crazy good deal on that caliber of glove. PM me.
Im all for reviewing gloves :) hahahaha

But as for the choices. The Sabas offers more protection because the foam is a litte more firm. The C17s you can probably punch through them. They're a little more comfortable though bc of the soft foam.

For Ultimate protection though id go with the RT-41s too but just like Shivm mentioned, they dont offer much feedback but thats the price for perfect protection

Im all for reviewing gloves :) hahahaha

But as for the choices. The Sabas offers more protection because the foam is a litte more firm. The C17s you can probably punch through them. They're a little more comfortable though bc of the soft foam.

For Ultimate protection though id go with the RT-41s too but just like Shivm mentioned, they dont offer much feedback but thats the price for perfect protection

You already know that I consider you one of the top reviewers here. Send me a PM, I'd love to get something made for you.

I have been going thru this same dilemma

I want a protective glove (weak hand and finger bones) that will also offer superior wrist protection (weak wrists)

I was originally looking at 14 oz Winnings but those are a bit out of my budget so now I have narrowed the list down to the following all in 14oz

- C17 Lace up
- UMA Ultra
- UMA RT-41
- Sabas Supersoft

I am new to boxing and will be doing at the minimum 65-70 minutes on the heavy bag and mitts and punch shield 3 times a week

Someone offered me a very lightly used pair of C17 Lace Up for $55-60 and I was just going to buy a stock pair of UMA Ultra or UMA RT-41 Velcro to have as a second pair and still come in at less than half ($140-145) of what i would have spent on the Winnings ($300)

As for reviewing gloves, I would love to try one out, reviewed electronics and vape gear but never boxing gear lol.

I want a protective glove (weak hand and finger bones) that will also offer superior wrist protection (weak wrists)

I was originally looking at 14 oz Winnings but those are a bit out of my budget so now I have narrowed the list down to the following all in 14oz

- C17 Lace up
- UMA Ultra
- UMA RT-41
- Sabas Supersoft

I am new to boxing and will be doing at the minimum 65-70 minutes on the heavy bag and mitts and punch shield 3 times a week

Someone offered me a very lightly used pair of C17 Lace Up for $55-60 and I was just going to buy a stock pair of UMA Ultra or UMA RT-41 Velcro to have as a second pair and still come in at less than half ($140-145) of what i would have spent on the Winnings ($300)

As for reviewing gloves, I would love to try one out, reviewed electronics and vape gear but never boxing gear lol.
I think a large part of the question will be determined by preference. How much feedback do you want relative to protection?

I think all the gloves you listed would provide sufficient protection. I would go with the Sabas, but I prefer more feedback, generally. My experience with C-17s is that the padding flattens out relatively quickly. I've owned Hayabusa Tokushu gloves and really didn't like them because the wrist support is too rigid—but if that's what you're after, then you may want to invest in the UMA Ultra. The RT-41s are super protective and the lace-ups I tried on seemed to have good wrist support. I didn't like the RT-41s simply because they didn't provide enough feedback.

In order of personal preference (if these were the only gloves left on the planet), I would go with:
1. Sabas SS
2. UMA RT-41
3. C-17 Lace up
4. UMA Ultra

- C17 Lace up
- UMA Ultra
- UMA RT-41
- Sabas Supersoft

If youre looking for protection then get the RT41s man. You wont find a more protective glove. Just dont expect feedback but if you have weak hands then that shouldnt be your main concern, protection is #1, thats the point of a glove.

If youre looking for protection then get the RT41s man. You wont find a more protective glove. Just dont expect feedback but if you have weak hands then that shouldnt be your main concern, protection is #1, thats the point of a glove.

Why do some people say that the UMA Ultra is the very best in wrist/elbow yet still recommend me to get the RT41?

My elbows from playing tennis for 10 years and wrists as well are SUPER weak from repetitive use injury.

Recently someone else recommended TopBoxer to me as well for super protective gloves.

You think I can get the UMA Ultra (which has the better wrist support) but have UMA put the padding from the RT41 inside?

I think a large part of the question will be determined by preference. How much feedback do you want relative to protection?

I think all the gloves you listed would provide sufficient protection. I would go with the Sabas, but I prefer more feedback, generally. My experience with C-17s is that the padding flattens out relatively quickly. I've owned Hayabusa Tokushu gloves and really didn't like them because the wrist support is too rigid—but if that's what you're after, then you may want to invest in the UMA Ultra. The RT-41s are super protective and the lace-ups I tried on seemed to have good wrist support. I didn't like the RT-41s simply because they didn't provide enough feedback.

In order of personal preference (if these were the only gloves left on the planet), I would go with:
1. Sabas SS
2. UMA RT-41
3. C-17 Lace up
4. UMA Ultra

Ok, first thanks for anyone that has replied to my post (sorry to take over the thread lol)

Second, I am interested what you said about the stiff wrist support on the Ultra. From what my friends and their trainers told them, the Ultra's are the absolute best at keeping the wrist straight, preventing shock back into the wrist and elbows.

I am not concerned about feedback or feeling my punches, my main concern is to protect my wrists and fingers which are used in my career and in daily living obviously lol

I guess my real question is why wouldnt you want a stiffer wrist support if you are looking to prevent injuries or is it so stiff that it is uncomfortable and hurts your forearm

I wont be wearing any crazy wraps just 180 mexican style with possible N2G from Winning

Ok, first thanks for anyone that has replied to my post (sorry to take over the thread lol)

Second, I am interested what you said about the stiff wrist support on the Ultra. From what my friends and their trainers told them, the Ultra's are the absolute best at keeping the wrist straight, preventing shock back into the wrist and elbows.

I am not concerned about feedback or feeling my punches, my main concern is to protect my wrists and fingers which are used in my career and in daily living obviously lol

I guess my real question is why wouldnt you want a stiffer wrist support if you are looking to prevent injuries or is it so stiff that it is uncomfortable and hurts your forearm

I wont be wearing any crazy wraps just 180 mexican style with possible N2G from Winning
Sure. Just to clarify, my experience is with the Hayabusa Tokushu's but I suppose the reason I dislike the Tokushu's is why I would dislike the Ultras—too much wrist support. It's a personal preference, but I don't feel that I need that much wrist support. I find that the amount of support that the Tokushu's offered became a crutch of sorts. By this I mean that the gloves would not allow an occasion to feel and develop proper punching technique or strengthening of my wrists.

I also find that I am able to punch in a more satisfying and technically proficient way when I can correct myself whenever I feel my wrist bending in the wrong way (of course, in these cases I'm not mindlessly banging on the bag). In sum, I might use the Tokushu's if I had a wrist injury (to prevent further damage), but in terms of practicing punching technique, it doesn't allow enough feel for my punches. I have not had many wrist problems, and I do wrist/forearm exercises to prevent the possibility of future wrist injury. I also feel that the chances of my wrists getting injured are a lot slimmer because I've been punching without the wrist support.

That said, I'm sure that there are people here who are able to punch properly with the added support. So this is just my personal preference. It's somewhat intuitive and more anecdotal than scientific. Hope that helps!

Absolutely won't hurt your forearm, I can tell you that much, at least if it hurts just don't lock the double velcro too tight. You can say it is too stiff or whatever, more like you can constantly feel the wrist being locked down, but I think 99% of people won't actually see that as a put off, at least for someone who has previous wrist injuries and weak hands, you wouldn't complain about that 100%.

It's just the same with everything, there will always be preference and some who doesn't like certain things. There will be people who doesn't like the wrist of the ultra. That is equivalent to there will be people who doesn't like reyes leather, there will be people prefer thinner and cheaper leather for whatever reason. There will be people prefer bare knuckles, prefer not wrapping hands, people are too different. Nothing in the world would ever ever suit every single human being preference on earth.

Last edited:
Sure. Just to clarify, my experience is with the Hayabusa Tokushu's but I suppose the reason I dislike the Tokushu's is why I would dislike the Ultras—too much wrist support. It's a personal preference, but I don't feel that I need that much wrist support. I find that the amount of support that the Tokushu's offered became a crutch of sorts. By this I mean that the gloves would not allow an occasion to feel and develop proper punching technique or strengthening of my wrists.

I also find that I am able to punch in a more satisfying and technically proficient way when I can correct myself whenever I feel my wrist bending in the wrong way (of course, in these cases I'm not mindlessly banging on the bag). In sum, I might use the Tokushu's if I had a wrist injury (to prevent further damage), but in terms of practicing punching technique, it doesn't allow enough feel for my punches. I have not had many wrist problems, and I do wrist/forearm exercises to prevent the possibility of future wrist injury. I also feel that the chances of my wrists getting injured are a lot slimmer because I've been punching without the wrist support.

That said, I'm sure that there are people here who are able to punch properly with the added support. So this is just my personal preference. It's somewhat intuitive and more anecdotal than scientific. Hope that helps!

As I own both ultra and tokushu, I understand and feel similar too. These gloves give excellent wrist support and they lock down your wrist so well that you kinda naturally feel you rely on them too much and loosing a bit of the actual feel of locking your wrist yourself when punching. However as a person who has weak wrist as well, I'd say you shouldn't even care about these things, your safe training is priority number one, there will be downside to everything and this kind of extremely minor thing shouldn't even be considered for someone who cannot train without wrist support. The pros far outweigh this kind of non existence cons for most.

As I own both ultra and tokushu, I understand and feel similar too. These gloves give excellent wrist support and they lock down your wrist so well that you kinda naturally feel you rely on them too much and loosing a bit of the actual feel of locking your wrist yourself when punching. However as a person who has weak wrist as well, I'd say you shouldn't even care about these things, your safe training is priority number one, there will be downside to everything and this kind of extremely minor thing shouldn't even be considered for someone who cannot train without wrist support. The pros far outweigh this kind of non existence cons for most.
True. And I should also add that I don't know if I've really met anyone else who dislikes the Tokushu's like I do.

Most people really like them. So I'm definitely in the minority on this one...

True. And I should also add that I don't know if I've really met anyone else who dislikes the Tokushu's like I do.

Most people really like them. So I'm definitely in the minority on this one...

I can relay to both side.

Sometimes when I have injured my wrists, there isn't even an option to not choose the tokushu type extreme wrist support. You absolutely need them and appreciate them. However if your wrist are at good state, able to choose away from tokushu can be a luxury that some other can't afford too. Just like reyes I can never choose something that punishing on my knuckles, so it's a luxury to me some can enjoy their feedback training with them.

I can relay to both side.

Sometimes when I have injured my wrists, there isn't even an option to not choose the tokushu type extreme wrist support. You absolutely need them and appreciate them. However if your wrist are at good state, able to choose away from tokushu can be a luxury that some other can't afford too. Just like reyes I can never choose something that punishing on my knuckles, so it's a luxury to me some can enjoy their feedback training with them.
F'sho.

There are definitely gloves that people rave about that I don't particularly like; and vice versa. Which has led me on a quest to either (1) find people who have similar taste in gloves and get recommendations from them and (2) try gloves for myself. I've done more of (1) than (2) just because I don't have the money. But it's at least the mentality I've adopted.

Why do some people say that the UMA Ultra is the very best in wrist/elbow yet still recommend me to get the RT41?

My elbows from playing tennis for 10 years and wrists as well are SUPER weak from repetitive use injury.

Recently someone else recommended TopBoxer to me as well for super protective gloves.

You think I can get the UMA Ultra (which has the better wrist support) but have UMA put the padding from the RT41 inside?
The Ultras are protective but they arent as comfortable as my RTs. For example idk if they fixed it but my old model of thr Ultra has a very thick grip bar and it just sucks gripping it after awhile.

Idk man, personally i like the RTs, bias bc i helped invent them but they're just the overall better glove. I wouldnt use the foam of the Ultras to spar in either, its too firm for that. The RTs are a better all purpose glove. Ive used mine for everything and they're holding up great, just like day one. So far the only "complaint" people have given me are that theres no feedback but if you're getting ultras, theres no feedback in those too.

#RT41masterrace

Haha but either glove works when it comes to protection i just think the RTs are overall more comfortable and more versitile.

The Ultras are protective but they arent as comfortable as my RTs. For example idk if they fixed it but my old model of thr Ultra has a very thick grip bar and it just sucks gripping it after awhile.

Idk man, personally i like the RTs, bias bc i helped invent them but they're just the overall better glove. I wouldnt use the foam of the Ultras to spar in either, its too firm for that. The RTs are a better all purpose glove. Ive used mine for everything and they're holding up great, just like day one. So far the only "complaint" people have given me are that theres no feedback but if you're getting ultras, theres no feedback in those too.

#RT41masterrace

Haha but either glove works when it comes to protection i just think the RTs are overall more comfortable and more versitile.

Can you estimate how many rounds your most used RT-41s have been through for bagwork? And has there been any significant changes to the padding over time compared to day 1?

I have a pair of stock 12oz RT41 velcro on the way and am excited to personally feel how they compare to its "Winning inspired" relatives, and Winning itself.

Being a heavyweight for over a decade, I have grown to favor protective models.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back