Rico verhooven - moving to america?

Bang Rachan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It looks as if he is taking mma seriously since he is training at AKA. I also wonder if he'll remain in kickboxing much longer

Here is a clip following him around for a day

DC talks about him a bit here too

I don't think he officially moved to AKA, just went to train for a few days. I think he's trying out different gyms to find a home to train MMA at.

it looks like a nice place to train if he decides to stay there to do mma

Hats badass, I hope he goes full mma. Dude is a beast.

Man i hope this due goes fulltime mma, he would be HW champ no doubt!

The only one i see taking him in the future is that russian olympic gold medalist in freestyle wrestling who is going for greco gold medal now soon first. So he will be a bit later going into mma than ricco.. Rico is 26? the wrestling is 27 and focuses on wrestling still.

mmm I dont think so. He is Glory's posterboy (he has a longterm contract if I am correct). He is allowed to do MMA next to kb. His relationship with Dennis Krauweel's gym Superpro is pretty close. I don't see him moving to the US permantently. He will train at an American MMA gym occasionally (if this fits in his schedule depending on what his next fight is MMA or kb) Maybe if he signs a deal with the UFC but for now that's too soon. Rico still needs to develop his mma-skills and should build up his mma career step by step.

Back