• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ricky gervais is the greatest stand-up comic of all time

This thread now: Does Joe Rogan signify the rock bottom of established comedians? Let's restrict it to males for the sake of #metoo.

I'm hearing Dane Cook, but yeah I'd agree Dane Cook is funnier. Or was. Here's the thing. I'm not even close to interested in seeing Rogan live, which is the litmus test of determining whether a comedian has got it. Being in the room is a very different energy, and I have to imagine Rogan is better live even though, again, there's nothing that remotely entices me.

Would we count Kevin Smith as a public speaker or comedian?

Aside, Rogan's comedy isn't the source of his selling-out auditoriums.

And yes Stewart Lee is better than Gervais.

There are loads of established comedians much worse than Rogan. Joe Pasquale, Carrot Top, Sinbad, Carlos Mecia and Jeff Dunham are proper bottom of the barrel acts. I wouldn't particularly want to go and watch Rogan either, but he doesn't actively make me want to punch him in the face like those guys do.

stanhope? im surprised u didnt put rogan in there too then

also

SEGURA? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ricky has been doing comedy like eight years. His shit is essentially a one man show, which is fine and all. But to say he's the greatest comedian? That's fucking retarded.

Segura is ten times the comic Ricky is.

There are loads of established comedians much worse than Rogan. Joe Pasquale, Carrot Top, Sinbad, Carlos Mecia and Jeff Dunham are proper bottom of the barrel acts. I wouldn't particularly want to go and watch Rogan either, but he doesn't actively make me want to punch him in the face like those guys do.
I don't think Sinbad or Mencia belong below Rogan. Topically bereft, sure, but they engage a crowd with mastery.

I would agree Carrot Top and Dunham aren't my brand of comedy but neither is Gallagher -- and I would put them above Rogan in terms of successful comedy. I feel like people go to see them and I can't seem to think the same thing about Rogan.

All I know of Pasquale is that every comedian who brings up his name throws him directly under a bus.

Ricky has been doing comedy like eight years. His shit is essentially a one man show, which is fine and all. But to say he's the greatest comedian? That's fucking retarded.

Segura is ten times the comic Ricky is.
segura? mans got no specials on the level of rickys specials

segura? mans got no specials on the level of rickys specials

Ricky has been doing stand up less than a decade. I would only grudgingly call him a comedian. He's a performer, not a comic, and I would put every single Segura special, including his first CD white girls with corn rows over anything Ricky has done.

Kurt Metzger is another who is ten times better than Ricky.

Ricky has been doing stand up less than a decade. I would only grudgingly call him a comedian. He's a performer, not a comic, and I would put every single Segura special, including his first CD white girls with corn rows over anything Ricky has done.

Kurt Metzger is another who is ten times better than Ricky.
bro have u seen out of england

tried to watch 1 of his specials didnt make me laugh once

its interesting how he seems to consider his comedy the most important aspect of his life/career and yet out of all the things he does its the one hes the worst at and objectively C-level
ya but you aslso like 21 savage, i dont think you are capable of having valid opinions any more.

I don't think Sinbad or Mencia belong below Rogan. Topically bereft, sure, but they engage a crowd with mastery.

I would agree Carrot Top and Dunham aren't my brand of comedy but neither is Gallagher -- and I would put them above Rogan in terms of successful comedy. I feel like people go to see them and I can't seem to think the same thing about Rogan.

All I know of Pasquale is that every comedian who brings up his name throws him directly under a bus.

You are aware Rogan consistently sells out theaters right?

<{cruzshake}>

Purely in terms of stand up he's not in the top 10, not even close.

But with his TV shows and everything else he's into he would make the top 10. The original office and extras were both really good.

You are aware Rogan consistently sells out theaters right?
I think that's a product his UFC cachet. I don't even want to get into frequency and capacity, but I'm sure it's much much more than I speculate.

bro have u seen out of england

Great performance, but I would compare it more to John Leguizamo and his one man shows. (Although Johns were absolutely incredible)

not a coincidence every1 in here who dont like ricky are defending joe rogans standup oh man

I don't like doing this. But you know I'm a touring comedian right? I'm defending Joe because people think he's a lot worse than he is. Dude sells out theaters, and has almost single handedly built up the careers of the comics he takes with him.

Tom, Ari, and Joey have a lot to be thankful for with Rogan. Not to mention he's really helping out Tony right now by letting him open for his tour.

Rogan might not be my favorite comic, but he's a comics comic and he deserves respect.

Great performance, but I would compare it more to John Leguizamo and his one man shows. (Although Johns were absolutely incredible)

I don't like doing this. But you know I'm a touring comedian right? I'm defending Joe because people think he's a lot worse than he is. Dude sells out theaters, and has almost single handedly built up the careers of the comics he takes with him.

Tom, Ari, and Joey have a lot to be thankful for with Rogan. Not to mention he's really helping out Tony right now by letting him open for his tour.

Rogan might not be my favorite comic, but he's a comics comic and he deserves respect.
u say one mans show but isnt that what stand-up comedy is?

also i can understand if u as a comic respect rogan cause of his success and position in ur business and whatnot but yeah im confident i could go to one of ur shows and laugh more than any of his shit

Back