Rickson Interview

wOg

Burien Top Team
@Brown
Reaction score
I didn't find any other mention of this using the search. The interview was posted/published on Jan 25.

http://www.graciemag.com/?c=152&a=3599

"Jiu-Jitsu icon accepts to be interviewed by three-time world champion, replies to Wanderlei Silva, clears his criticism on the level of MMA fighters and bets on his new tournament, which creates a worldwide BJJ ranking and promises to valorize the sport

I don't always agree with some of the individual things Rickson says, but on a whole I have immense respect for him. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs ad views, and I actually agree with SOME of Rickson's philosophy.

triso said:
I don't always agree with some of the individual things Rickson says, but on a whole I have immense respect for him. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs ad views, and I actually agree with SOME of Rickson's philosophy.

i feel the same way...i agree with a lot of what he says, but somethings are a little too much. the stuff about mma now being athlete vs athlete, and fighters needing to build up strength, explosiveness, etc to fight under modern mma rules (short rounds, quick standups) is right on the money. nowadays, its very much a clash of power and athleticism, with fighters trying to force their will on each other. but i think this is typical of any competitive activity, not just mma.

i do, however, think that rogerio can submit wanderlei:icon_twis

i was there at the budo challenge... it was great and the rules did make for great fights

Sorry for being a newb, but can can someone tell me what the budo challenge is all about? Is it basically MMA with a gi or more like a BJJ comp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jame_s
Back