Rick Story out of UFC Fight Night 74, replaced by Neil Magny

vkram

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UFC Fight Night 74 has a new co-main event following an injury to Rick Story.

It will be Neil Magny (15-4 MMA, 8-3 UFC) taking the short-notice fight, replacing Story (18-8 MMA, 11-6 UFC) against Erick Silva (18-5 MMA, 6-4 UFC). The change was reported by The StarPhoenix.

UFC Fight Night 74 takes place Aug. 23 at SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Following a pair of early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, the rest of the card airs on FOX Sports 1.

Magny is not only taking the fight two weeks before it is scheduled to go down, but he dropped a fight to Demian Maia at UFC 190 on August 1. The quick turnaround gives Magny the chance to get back on the winning track as the loss to Maia snapped a seven-fight winning streak for the welterweight.

Silva is riding a two-fight winning streak. Most recently he dispatched of Josh Koscheck with a guillotine choke at UFC Fight Night 62. It is the first time he has ever won back-to-back fights in the octagon.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/neil-m...-74?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Ha, I really considered betting on him last night. wow. Shitty, I like Story.

But at least this gives Silva another chance to pretend to be relevant

Wasn't that excited about Story grinding out Silva, but this fight is even less exciting. Silva will probably get picked apart from the outside though. Props for Magny fighting frequently, his 12th fight in two years, I like that.

Last edited:
I like the match-up. Sucks the co-main had to get hit with the injury bug, but who knows this fight could end up being better. Really pisses me off when guys get hurt in the last day or two or their fucking training camps though, like really??

Wasn't that excited about Story grinding out Silva, but this fight is even less exciting. Silva will probably get picked apart from the outside though. Props for Magny fighting frequently, his 12th fight in two years, I like that.

Ya his first UFC fight looked like 8/3/13

The thing that amazes me, I have watched every UFC card since in 2013 and 2014...yet I don't know a single opponent of the 11 except Tim Means and Maia...I see why hardcore fans don't even know/care about this fight! Surprised that so many people on Sherdog decided to make a thread, I don't think we need any threads about this, let alone 10.

Wow, bummer... getting hurt so close to the fight date must be the worst feeling ever. In the words of Nick Diaz, "quit flipping tires and jackin' up weights!"

props to neil many for stepping up to the plate .
but i was really looking forward to see how Eric would handle the wrestling and body shots of story .

I like this fight actually. Should be good.

Makes sense for him to take this fight, he probably sustained little to no damage against Maia.

I can actually see Magny getting KO'd here. I'm not sure how he'll handle such an aggressive, fast starter like Silva. I also don't know if maybe he's susceptible to the submission game of Silva. I think Magny's ground game is pretty good though, Maia is just another level of beast. I could see him getting rocked and caught in the choke though.
Full camp I'd pick Magny by stick and move gameplan, but I'm picking Silva in this one.

I think Story was a horrible match up for Silva but this should be a better fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back