Rich Franklin vs Costa Phillippou

I think Rich would be too much for Costa. He could cut him like Boetsch and the difference is that Rich wouldn't remotely give up. Just think Rich is still to much for a lot of the division. Costa does have kockout power though and after what we saw with Cung anything could happen, but I like Rich in this one. Hadn't thought of the matchup and would love to see it.

umm... costa would destroy rich.

Precise strikers with power will always give Franklin trouble, especially if they have an inkling of a ground game. I'll never count Ace out but at this point, I'd favor Costa.

Rich still has all the skill to beat the majority of middleweights out there. Considering he doesn't get caught, he can easily outclass a guy like Costa Phillipou

Rich still has all the skill to beat the majority of middleweights out there. Considering he doesn't get caught, he can easily outclass a guy like Costa Phillipou

I just doubt if he can. His last 4-5 fights, he's gotten dropped/wobbled at least once. It's not just a reactionary thing from the Le fight, he got hurt vs Wandy and Forrest standing as well.

I know Rich got KTFO against Le, but i still would favor him over Costa for sure.

I just doubt if he can. His last 4-5 fights, he's gotten dropped/wobbled at least once. It's not just a reactionary thing from the Le fight, he got hurt vs Wandy and Forrest standing as well.

I do realize that, but he usually does an excellent job of defending and recovering. Against a relatively conservative styled fighter like Costa, unless he's clean KO'd with a shot, he'd probably get that chance to recover. Plus, you have to consider the size advantage Rich has.

I do realize that, but he usually does an excellent job of defending and recovering. Against a relatively conservative styled fighter like Costa, unless he's clean KO'd with a shot, he'd probably get that chance to recover.

This is very true. I'd give a good chance of beating Costa. I just can't favor Rich at this point in his career over him. Wouldn't shrug at seeing the fight, I know that much.

This is very true. I'd give a good chance of beating Costa. I just can't favor Rich at this point in his career over him. Wouldn't shrug at seeing the fight, I know that much.

I do agree with you there. I definitely wouldn't be putting any money on Rich.

Costa v Cung makes more sense to me. I would prefer to see Rich notch up a few b grade wins and rebuild some steam.

Costa's last win over Tim was pretty marred...... It's a win for sure but hardly impressive I would think if it did happen and I doubt it will Rich would be odds on favorites to win you would think.

Costa is doing pretty good. I think he can win that (, and it won't be so hard).

I know, he got trouble in his last fight, but he ended up winning, which is a partially a good prospect for me, as many fighters can't overturn a bad start.

Costa is doing pretty good. I think he can win that (, and it won't be so hard).

I know, he got trouble in his last fight, but he ended up winning, which is a partially a good prospect for me, as many fighters can't overturn a bad start.

They can pretty easily when their opponent can't use his lead hand is half blinded in one eye and has a gushing cut on their brow.

No excuses for Tim a win is a win but those three things played a huge factor in determining the outcome of the fight. IMO a rematch should be Organised.

Back