Rice or Potatoes - Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Rice only if it's in the form of sushi or w/chili or stew.

If I had to choose the potato has more versatility. i like a yukon potato and the purple potato those are underrated.
Purple-Potatoes_HEADER.jpg

Yukon Golds seriously kick ass.

I prefer potatoes, but you can cook both different ways with different spices to get lots of options.
Plain steamed/boiled rice > plain potatoes.

I am lazy so rice is KING. You just gotta rinse it a little before you cook it. Potatoes have too much prep work.

Rice. Love it to death

Love me some French fries and potato chips but I hate mashed potatoes. Not a fan of baked potatoes either

I can eat rice with anything.

Potatoes need some kind of jazzing up which usually ends up being extremely unhealthy
(yet tasty)
Cook time for potatoes is long too. It's either long or requires a lot of oil.

Potatoes overall.

Having said that, rice is highly underrated in America. People tend to eat things like sausages and fried chicken with potatoes or bread, but if you eat sausages or fried chicken with rice, it's even better.

How’s the potato prepared? If we’re talking french fries, or mashed, then potatoes all the way. If we’re talking baked potato, then rice 100%.

Potatoes overall.

Having said that, rice is highly underrated in America. People tend to eat things like sausages and fried chicken with potatoes or bread, but if you eat sausages or fried chicken with rice, it's even better.
Making a dirty rice with fried chicken and some good Andouille sausage sounds great.

Taters fam

But my Asian roots loves me a bowl of rice from time to time. It's only better with the right curries imo

Cook time for potatoes is long too. It's either long or requires a lot of oil.

Not always. I guess you can argue prep time but I usually knock alot of that stuff ahead of time.

• Fries take like 20 mintes in an air fryer which doesnt require alot of oil.
    • Mashed potatoes can also be made in around 20-30 minutes and dont use any oil.

potato’s for me but like you rice is my go to for lunch everyday as it’s easier to prep. On Sunday I will cook about 10 chicken breasts with different herbs or rubs and distribute them with rice for my work lunch mon through Friday. I maybe have potato’s 3 times a week but rice minimum 5 times

You should stick with rice bud. We know you can’t reliably grow potatoes.

Back