Rice Milk Anyone?

ViciousVendetta

White Belt
Reaction score
After reading various threads about protein shakes and whatnot, I also came acoss the article about soy in general being bad. This has me annoyed, because Ive been using soy milk in my protein shakes for the past months. So now, Im making an effort to find a good substitute. So with that said, Ive noticed rice milk on the market at many health food places around here, my parents also drink it. While it tastes a bit off to me, Im sure it would be better in a shake than just water alone. So my question, does anyone have any info / web articles on rice milk? Im considering buying that stuff from now on as long as there isnt any consequences in doing so. Thank you for any info on the subject! :)

Hmmm, I will definitely read those articles, thank you sir. I would still be interested to see if anyone has any info on rice milk, this whole rice milk thing is pretty new to me and I havent seen any info on it as of yet. Just curious really. ^_^

I don't have any relevant info on it, but IMO rice milk tastes better than soy, as does almond milk...

almond milk is the shit... better then rice milk IMHO. Soy can be hard on the digestive system like milk can, rice and almond are a lot easier to digest.

Soy may not be the devil, but soy milk stil is. Do you realize how much processing it takes to get a milky substance from a soy bean?

Ah, no I did not realize (or even think of) that. Thanks for the input.

There's a whole lot worse stuff you could eat, but still..."milk" from a bean? Just doesn't seem like a great idea.

I drink this stuff with my whey shakes. Got the Rice Dream Vanilla flavor. Does anyone know if the carbs in rice milk are ideal for PWO?

After reading various threads about protein shakes and whatnot, I also came acoss the article about soy in general being bad. This has me annoyed, because Ive been using soy milk in my protein shakes for the past months. So now, Im making an effort to find a good substitute. So with that said, Ive noticed rice milk on the market at many health food places around here, my parents also drink it. While it tastes a bit off to me, Im sure it would be better in a shake than just water alone. So my question, does anyone have any info / web articles on rice milk? Im considering buying that stuff from now on as long as there isnt any consequences in doing so. Thank you for any info on the subject! :)

Nothing is wrong with Soy Milk. There are alot of bullshit articles that try to paint soy in the bad light, however there are better options. Rice Milk is good, ive been drinking that for years. I haven't found any studies that says rice milk isn't good for you.

Ummm not all the studies about soy are BS.

I drink this stuff with my whey shakes. Got the Rice Dream Vanilla flavor. Does anyone know if the carbs in rice milk are ideal for PWO?

We don't know what ideal PWO carbs are, if there are any...

Soy may not be the devil, but soy milk stil is. Do you realize how much processing it takes to get a milky substance from a soy bean?

this is OT but,

I'm sure soy milk from the supermarket has a lot of shit in it, but here in asia, soy milk is usually sold fresh (a week of refrigeration then its gone). I know how it is made, soy beans are soaked overnight, then the skin is removed. It is then put in the blender with water. Solids are filtered using cheese cloth and then the liquid is boiled. If health stores from there still do the same, its not all bad, aside from the sugar.

btw, soy beans are really cheap, specially GMO ones. if you have time (removing the skin sucks) or someone who can do it for you, making soy milk is really cheap, plus you can control the thickness and sweetness. I'm sure there are recipes in the web. also, you can add stuff. The best soy milk i've tasted was served hot and with almonds added while being grund.

Back