Rhadi Ferguson vs. Steve Edmonds

TheGrappler25

White Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iOnO45oDeNI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iOnO45oDeNI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dam Rhadi, attempts multiple shoots and attempts one crappy throw. He's basically tlegraphing himself so much until he does the flying arm bar! That was sweet!:icon_chee

Damn, that was pretty brutal. Dude was tapping like crazy as soon as they landed!

Dam Rhadi, attempts multiple shoots and attempts one crappy throw. He's basically tlegraphing himself so much until he does the flying arm bar! That was sweet!:icon_chee

Yeah, Rhadi is a phenomenal athlete and has had lots of success in grappling but his standup Judo is just plain ugly. I'm not saying it doesn't work but DAMN is it ugly.

I liked the fake "oops I slipped" fall to his stomach when it looked like the other guy was about to toss the hell out of him.

nice

was that stomach flopping technique called kalib starne gatame?

They usually give people one freebie

Yup, because when you're reffing you're thinking "did he flop, or did I miss something". If it happens a second time you're pretty sure its intentional. Every competitor should do at least a bit of refereeing, you get a much better idea of how and why things are called.

That armlock actually looks like the one that Rickson does in his Pride demo with Royler. I should see if I can find the clip. It starts off more like a guard pull than a real flying move and ends, well ... ask Steve ...

EDIT:
Here's the one I'm thinking about. From about 0:57 to 1:05.

YouTube - Rickson and Royler Gracie

That armlock actually looks like the one that Rickson does in his Pride demo with Royler. I should see if I can find the clip. It starts off more like a guard pull than a real flying move and ends, well ... ask Steve ...

EDIT:

I've seen a version of this video where you can see Nakamura and Yoshida watching from the crowd. It was really funny seeing their faces...

EDIT:

Its a tome nage fient to juji gatame, pretty standard fare in judo shia, look at some Aoki videos, hes very good at it.

Nick Gill smoked Edmunds with a nice kata-guruma.

The vid was there but I can't find it.

30 seconds.

Back