International Rex Tillerson: Netanyahu played Trump

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Former Sec. of State Rex Tillerson, in an interview conducted at Harvard, said that Bibi would use misinformation to sway the President's opinion on who the good and bad guys are.

....recounted how Netanyahu would use “misinformation” to persuade the U.S. when he deemed it necessary.

“They did that with the president on a couple of occasions, to persuade him that ‘We’re the good guys, they’re the bad guys,” Tillerson explained.

"We later exposed it to the president so he understood, ‘You’ve been played,’” said Tillerson. “It bothers me that an ally that’s that close and important to us would do that to us.”

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/til...ed-misinformation-to-persuade-trump-1.7865372

Tillerson, who had a contentious tenure as the U.S.’s top diplomat, said that Netanyahu is “an extraordinarily skilled” politician and diplomat, but “a bit Machiavellian.” He continued, saying that “In dealing with Bibi, it’s always useful to carry a healthy amount of skepticism in your discussions with him.”

Tillerson is going to get accused of anti-Semitism from some quarters for the "Machiavellian" comment. I personally think Bibi is less Machiavellian than Neoconservatives who got us into the Iraq war or the Pakistanis who have been backstabbing the US. Bibi is too blunt and blatant to be truly Machiavellian, though I am sure he has tried / succeeded in duping Trump to a degree.

Article is behind a paywall, so when you click on link, stop the page upload before it fully finishes.

Rex wrecked the State Department.

Actually Trump's election did.. had nothing to do with Rex.

Many career State Department officials who had served multiple administrations called it quits before Rex was even sworn in.

It seems likely to me Trump is getting played by everyone around him at the White House and every foreign leader 24/7.

Actually Trump's election did.. had nothing to do with Rex.

Many career State Department officials who had served multiple administrations called it quits before Rex was even sworn in.
The influx of early retirements happwned when Rex:

1. Ended EFM employment within embassies abroad.

2. Enacted a hiring freeze.

3. Kept high ranking diplomats with decades of experience away from the 7th Floor and filled his office with "his people."

3. Kept high ranking diplomats with decades of experience away from the 7th Floor and filled his office with "his people."

<TrumpWrong1>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-entire-senior-management-team-just-resigned/

The State Department’s entire senior administrative team just resigned

January 26, 2017

The Senate confirmed Tillerson as Secretary of State on February 1, 2017. The Senate voted 56 to 43, with all 52 Republicans in support of his nomination as well as three Democrats and one independent. He was sworn in on the same day by Vice President Mike Pence.

<TrumpWrong1>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-entire-senior-management-team-just-resigned/

The State Department’s entire senior administrative team just resigned

January 26, 2017

The Senate confirmed Tillerson as Secretary of State on February 1, 2017. The Senate voted 56 to 43, with all 52 Republicans in support of his nomination as well as three Democrats and one independent. He was sworn in on the same day by Vice President Mike Pence.
Drop in the bucket compared to what happened after Rex started on the job.

Drop in the bucket compared to what happened after Rex started on the job.

Yes I'm sure that ALL of the senior SD officials resigning en mass that had decades of experience working their posts had nothing to do with it.

<Dany07>

Last edited:
Good ol' Wayne Tracker sure knows a thing or two about misinformation

Obama did more for israel than any other president before him in recent history. And he didn’t have to pander to them. Treat them like an ally.

Is Rex part of the 7th floor group, or did he end up there after they cleaned house?

Is Rex part of the 7th floor group, or did he end up there after they cleaned house?
7th floor is where the Scretary of State's office is within HQ. It also houses the offices of his/her senior officers.

Yes I'm sure that ALL of the senior SD officials resigning en mass that had decades of experience working their posts had nothing to do with it.

<Dany07>
Little more complicated than that.

But, keep digging. I believe in you.

Last edited:
7th floor is where the Scretary of State's office is within HQ. It also houses the offices of his/her senior officers.
Was referring to the previous secretary of state before trump took office was there any holdovers

Former Sec. of State Rex Tillerson, in an interview conducted at Harvard, said that Bibi would use misinformation to sway the President's opinion on who the good and bad guys are.

....recounted how Netanyahu would use “misinformation” to persuade the U.S. when he deemed it necessary.

“They did that with the president on a couple of occasions, to persuade him that ‘We’re the good guys, they’re the bad guys,” Tillerson explained.

"We later exposed it to the president so he understood, ‘You’ve been played,’” said Tillerson. “It bothers me that an ally that’s that close and important to us would do that to us.”

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/til...ed-misinformation-to-persuade-trump-1.7865372

Tillerson, who had a contentious tenure as the U.S.’s top diplomat, said that Netanyahu is “an extraordinarily skilled” politician and diplomat, but “a bit Machiavellian.” He continued, saying that “In dealing with Bibi, it’s always useful to carry a healthy amount of skepticism in your discussions with him.”

Tillerson is going to get accused of anti-Semitism from some quarters for the "Machiavellian" comment. I personally think Bibi is less Machiavellian than Neoconservatives who got us into the Iraq war or the Pakistanis who have been backstabbing the US. Bibi is too blunt and blatant to be truly Machiavellian, though I am sure he has tried / succeeded in duping Trump to a degree.

Article is behind a paywall, so when you click on link, stop the page upload before it fully finishes.

Whoa Tillerson. Knock the anti-semitism off.

The tricky Jew slander. How dare you?

Was referring to the previous secretary of state before trump took office was there any holdovers
Yes. Many on the 7th floor are career Foreign Service Officers.
It is not just housed by people appointed by POTUS.

Back