Rewatched Yan vs Faber&Rivera

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Presuming he's in a number 1 contender fight against Aljamain Sterling I would be concerned that he is going to be outmuscled big time. It seemed like he was also outmuscled against Faber and Rivera.

Sterling is pretty shrewed and will probably use his size(he's massive at 135) to outwrestle Yan and try to win a safe decision.

Yan is my favorite fighter and I hope I'm wrong

I’m not sold on his TDD being elite but I don’t think it is a gaping hole. I think he could beat everyone right now but the path to victory is taking him down and grinding him along with a lot of movement and avoiding prolonged exchanges imo.

Yan hits hard. Equalizer with that suspect chin of Sterling. Rather see him vs Aldo/Marlon than Sterling (no one wants to see a contender wrestled to a safe decision)

Last edited:
Presuming he's in a number 1 contender fight against Aljamain Sterling I would be concerned that he is going to be outmuscled big time. It seemed like he was also outmuscled against Faber and Rivera.

Sterling is pretty shrewed and will probably use his size(he's massive at 135) to outwrestle Yan and try to win a safe decision.

Yan is my favorite fighter and I hope I'm wrong
Yan is not the biggest BW but he is game and strong as fuck, Sterling is way bigger but I dont see him grinding yan-

He did not look out-muscled in anyway in those fights, no idea what you watched.

Yan hits hard. Equalizer with that suspect chin of Sterling. Rather see him vs Aldo/Marlon than Sterling (no one wants to see a contender wrestled to a safe decision)
Yan is best at the most important attribute, fight IQ. Sterling better get ready to get hit.

Aljo wasnt able to maintain his amazing offense last fight iirc so if Yan can last he can capitalize on champion rounds

I think Yan will finish Sterling, I don't think it will be that easy but I think he knocks him out.

I think the power is definitely in Yan’s favor and I would take him. Sterling doesn’t really have a suspect chin though. He dove into a knee against one of the heaviest kickers in the division. Outside of that he’s never really been hurt too bad, or am I forgetting a fight?

Aljo wasnt able to maintain his amazing offense last fight iirc so if Yan can last he can capitalize on champion rounds
You did not recall that correctly. The third round was Aljo's best round in his last fight. Landed 64 out of 137 significant strikes. I don't think cardio is an issue.

You did not recall that correctly. The third round was Aljo's best round in his last fight. Landed 64 out of 137 significant strikes. I don't think cardio is an issue.
Its because Munoz also slowed significantly if he was facing someone with better cardio it would have been more apparent

This right here is the biggest problem. He's quite forgettable. Couldn't tell you much of what happened in his other fights.

<Fedor23>

I’m just glad he has given up on boxing and throws exclusively kicks now. Dude had the worst boxing in mma. Bryan Caraway beat him on the feet.

Peter Yan is the f*cking terminator ?1?

My fav fighter atm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back