Rewatched Amanda Nunes vs Shevchenko

Nunes was dominant in the 2nd. I think it deserved a 10-8 for sure.

Even if it wasnt Nunes still clearly won the 1st 2 rounds, so theres no argument for Valentina having won that fight.
Agree, Nunes clearly won.

Lol at the guy saying hes sick of these WBW's trying to pick their next fight. Jon Jones cancelled an entire event to not fight Chael Sonnen on short notice, Chael who isnt even in his weight class. Connor picks and chooses not only his opponents but the weight at which they fight. a 145er and 155er are fighting at 170? Bisping picking hendo over Romero (or jacare)

I favor Valentina in a rematch and hope she gets the next shot at the belt.

Amanda can bring the violence like no other and has a lot of first round finishes, Tate and GDR. So I wouldn't count her out.

She beat Holm by being completely defensive, even to the boo's. I said she was worse than Machida. That woman is worse than Mayweather. Complete bore. Fellow doggers, we dont want to see this bullshit. And to act like she's a badass? Please. She takes no risks. Shows zero agrresion. And just wants to wait for a counter. Dont pretend Shevchenko is any type of badass. I hate JJ. But at least she goes and gets some.

Om wot.......Valentina had 0 argument for winning the 1st fight. Amanda clearly took the 1st 10-9 and rd 2 could and prolly shouldve been 10-8 for Nunes. Even if u gave Valentina a 10-8 in the 3rd she still loses. What were u smoking lol?
Oh maan i wish you hadn't said that I gave up smoking aloooong time ago but i miss it real bad lately. I dunno about that fight really, from what i remember Nunes didn't have an easy fight & I thought it was close. I don't remember it being the beating some posters here are trying to say it was. Nunes struggled.

I believe that go be the popular opinion. Nunes is not a 5 round fighter but make no mistake, she's a killer for 7 minutes. Seriously. Anyone who thinks they can coast until she gasses half way through the 2nd will get smoked. Meisha, who is very tough and durable, got wrecked. Cat lost a heavy 10-8 1st round and was a hair away from being finished. I've said since after the Cat fight, Amanda could easily be the most dangersous WMMA fighter within the first two frames.

it's an obvious 29-28 for amanda but i feel like a rematch it's gonna end up with amanda winning the first couple rounds but gassing and val wins a 5rd fight. it's pretty obvious nunes isn't a 5rd fighter.
It's too bad this seems to be the case. Amanda is really well-rounded and has some of the most powerful striking at BW. I think her gas tank will lead to her not holding the belt too long unless she can dispatch her opponents quickly.

Julianna-Pena.png
Amanda doesn't have balls for her to kick.

Amanda doesn't have balls for her to kick.
It was funny that Nunes said she wasn't impressed by Pena against Zingano and Pena responded that she wasn't impressed by Nunes losing to Zingano either.

She beat Holm by being completely defensive, even to the boo's. I said she was worse than Machida. That woman is worse than Mayweather. Complete bore. Fellow doggers, we dont want to see this bullshit. And to act like she's a badass? Please. She takes no risks. Shows zero agrresion. And just wants to wait for a counter. Dont pretend Shevchenko is any type of badass. I hate JJ. But at least she goes and gets some.

You seem to hate a lot of people. What have they ever done to you?

Did JJ come over and shit in the middle of your living room floor or something?

Id say it is fair to assume that Shevchenko will come on as the fight progresses, but sometimes winning the belt elevates the way people train. She could up her game significantly!

That said it is 135 so no chance Nunes holds onto the strap

I felt Nunes won because she got the takedowns. She faded badly in the 3rd round though and probably would have lost if it was a 5 rounder.

It's too bad this seems to be the case. Amanda is really well-rounded and has some of the most powerful striking at BW. I think her gas tank will lead to her not holding the belt too long unless she can dispatch her opponents quickly.

Yeah, never really thought I would be impressed by the striking power of a 135-lbs. woman. I guess I was wrong.

Back