Revolution Defense and Fitness Minnesota

joe broadway

Unbeatable
@Black
Reaction score
Hey, I am just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Revolution Defense and Fitness BJJ in Eden Prairie, MN. Damien Hirtz is the owner/operator. I have seen him in action in person at NAGA chicago a couple of years ago, so I dont need anyone telling me he is good, I know that. If you have any personal experience there or know someone who has, you are the one I would like to hear from. Anything you have to say would benefit me at this point.

Thanks yall!

That place, Warriors Cove and MMAA are the big 3 for BJJ in the area. Never been there myself but I know the school did pretty good at the Submission Hunt in December

Like tall guy I have not been to that one but i have been to the other two.
Warrior cove offers a friendlier atmosphere than mmaa. If you are really serious about competing and willing to pay a bit more i would have to recommend mmaa.

well looks like i should just go take the free class and see for myself. thanks for the info. btw the cove is a good place, i used to train there too

I've trained at both. Warrios Cove should not even be in the same sentence as Damian's school.

It's like saying, "I'm thinking about a Mercedes or this Yugo". No comparison.

He is s legit BJJ Black Belt teacher and competitor who also works with world class MMA fighters vs a guy who invented his own art and hands out yellow and red belts. Hmmm. Seems obvious to me.

Warriors Cove is not BJJ! They ride Ricksons name and do not even give out BJJ rank!

I know. I was there for three years.

I've trained at both. Warrios Cove should not even be in the same sentence as Damian's school.

It's like saying, "I'm thinking about a Mercedes or this Yugo". No comparison.

He is s legit BJJ Black Belt teacher and competitor who also works with world class MMA fighters vs a guy who invented his own art and hands out yellow and red belts. Hmmm. Seems obvious to me.

Warriors Cove is not BJJ! They ride Ricksons name and do not even give out BJJ rank!

I know. I was there for three years.

when were you at the cove, when did you leave? what location? we probably know eachother. anyway, what would you say are the main differences in things at revolution?

The main difference is that Damian is a ligit BJJ black belt and he teaches EVERY class. The Cove isn't even in the same universe.

I know that other black belts are in Revolution all of the time training too, especially in the mornings. Brock Larson is one of the brown belts and he is bad ass!

Dave Camarillo was just here two weeks ago and someone was saying he will be back in July and then for the UFC in August.

There is a reason UFC fighters go to these guys for their BJJ training. I think Damian is starting to work with more MMA fighters now too.

The environment is very professional and welcoming. I can tell that Damian really cares about all of his students getting better. He is open about talking to all of us about what we need to do to get better and progress. It is just a fun place to train.

where do you train tallguy
I go to the cove and i'll agree that we're not a %100 bjj school our instructor has his own way about things but he is a Rickson brown belt.

It is a very friendly place to train and i've made a ton of friends over the past year going there.

never heard anything bad about MMAA or Revolution met guys from both gyms and each person has a place where they fit so i'd try them all see what you like.

and FYI Minneaplois folks fights tonight up at the myth should be some fun, starts at 8

Back