Revisiting GSP vs Frank Trigg...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
They fought in UFC 54 and GSP won by rear naked choke. But most people thought Frank was too strong and experienced and was going to beat GSP with ground and pound, almost except one person made an ACCURATE prediction:

Trigg just got steamrolled by GSP.

Surprising, but then again, Trigg always came up short in big fights.

They fought in UFC 54 and GSP won by rear naked choke. But most people thought Frank was too strong and experienced and was going to beat GSP with ground and pound, almost except one person made an ACCURATE prediction:

Donny was the only troll on Sherdog ever worth a shit.

I remember that fight. Left me thinking GSP was so rounded no holes in his game.

Didn't take rocket scientist to know that Frank had trouble with rear naked choke.

This is back in the day when the MMA "journalist" was really really bad. I can't imagine having to endure this kind of interview just to promote a fight. I'd have beat one of these guys senseless. No wonder Dana used to lose his shit at press conferences.

See Chael's comment on GSP in 3 round fights.

Here piggy.

giphy.gif

He introduced me to the concept of trolling. I didn't even know what trolling was until Donny. I wonder what he is up to now a days.

Didn't take rocket scientist to know that Frank had trouble with rear naked choke.

This is back in the day when the MMA "journalist" was really really bad. I can't imagine having to endure this kind of interview just to promote a fight. I'd have beat one of these guys senseless. No wonder Dana used to lose his shit at press conferences.
Ugh I still remeber when Josh Gross was supposed to be the leading MMA reporter. Thank god those days are over with, that prick was insufferable.

He was a pioneer. These days "troll" isn't even an insult - it's actually neutral at worst. Not in his heyday, though.

I remember that fight really well. I knew GSP was going to be a champ after he put a beating on Mayhem Miller at UFC 52. Back in the days when GSP used to show up and actually fight. Trigg was already a gatekeeper at the time he fought GSP.

Lol, that brings back memories.

long done are those. Donny, Goober Taylor, The Pride vs UFC threads.

Back when this forum was The Heavies

He was a pioneer. These days "troll" isn't even an insult - it's actually neutral at worst. Not in his heyday, though.

indeed. Now anyone with a disagreeing opinion is labeled a troll. Back in those days, you had to earn that shit.

GSP Had lost his title fight to Hughes. And he let everyone know, in fact he put everyone on notice that was just a speed bump. He was coming for that title again. Nothing was going to stop him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back