Media Reviewing CONOR MCGREGOR'S PUB

If you do not give a shit about how bad the product you put your name on is, as long as it makes you money, why would anyone expect you to try to be better with a different product?

Whiskey isn't food. Conor is just selling standard cheap whiskey. You want quality whiskey you have to shell out for it. Whereas good bar food can be had at the shittiest hole in the wall.

Whiskey isn't food. Conor is just selling standard cheap whiskey. You want quality whiskey you have to shell out for it. Whereas good bar food can be had at the shittiest hole in the wall.
His whiskey is almost twice as expensive as other whisky brands in the same range of quality. You can get really good quality Whiskey for 25 pounds(the price of Conors piss), and even at the 13-15 pound mark you can get Whiskey that is better than Conors.

And I will say about food - 9 out of 10 trimes i go out to eat, I leave disapointed. To have this guy say it is close to Michellin standard is pretty damn impressive. Then again - I am not from the UK, so the food standards might be higher there.

His whiskey is almost twice as expensive as other whisky brands in the same range of quality. You can get really good quality Whiskey for 25 pounds(the price of Conors piss), and even at the 13-15 pound mark you can get Whiskey that is better than Conors.

And I will say about food - 9 out of 10 trimes i go out to eat, I leave disapointed. To have this guy say it is close to Michellin standard is pretty damn impressive. Then again - I am not from the UK, so the food standards might be higher there.
I'm with you on the food thing. Now I won't even purposefully eat somewhere unless I Yelp it first. It's sad how much bad food is hyped up due to popularity and trends.

campcle-90s.gif

No idea what pounds translates to but no, you aren't getting good whiskey for under 20 bucks.
That sounds like a you problem

No idea what pounds translates to but no, you aren't getting good whiskey for under 20 bucks.

That sounds like a you problem
Do you roll a die to determine if you are going to answer like a normal dude or an asshole? One post you seem normal, the next you are a snarky asshole.

I'd bet in Ireland you can get good whiskey under 20 bucks, as I'd bet you can get good Vodka in Russia under $20. You might need to know where he lives before you can advise on his local options.

From what I understand that restaurant is in a shitty part of town. I have no idea if it's profitable or not (probably not), or heavily subsidized by Conor. But what I've seen of their facilities and food it looks like a premium place.

My dad who could barely turn on a stove owned and operated a successful restaurant up until his retirement. It is still running today. Sometimes all you need to do is to have a good vision and to put the right people in the right places.

Even though we don’t own it anymore, I go there all the time and get the sandwich named after my cousin who wanted it on the menu.

From what I understand that restaurant is in a shitty part of town. I have no idea if it's profitable or not (probably not), or heavily subsidized by Conor. But what I've seen of their facilities and food it looks like a premium place.
Its Conor's hangout, I highly doubt he cares if it makes any money, as long as he can go there and drink, do coke, and be treated like a King.

I really enjoy this guys food reviews. He is so down to earth, and just seems like a pleasant dude.

I am really surprised it got such a positive review considering how bad Conors whiskey is. But respect given where respect is due.

The whiskey is good at its price point. It sells well in my area. Anyone who stopped by my place and tried it liked it. Anyone saying it’s shit is speaking out their ass.

The whiskey is good at its price point. It sells well in my area. Anyone who stopped by my place and tried it liked it. Anyone saying it’s shit is speaking out their ass.
I have tasted it and found it to be quite bad. But as always when it comes to taste, it is very subjective. I believe you can find many much better Whiskeys at a lower price, and almost all whiskeys at the same price point are vastly better imo.

I don't think I have seen one single positive review to be honest.

Liquor. com gives it 1.5 out of 5

Business Insider says ""It smelled like ethanol and tasted only marginally better,"

Bloomberg said "If You Thought the McGregor Fight Was a Disaster, His Whiskey Is Worse"

But if you like it, good for you. I would recommend you try "Rebel Straight Bourbon 80 Proof", it is cheaper, and much better.

Last edited:
I have tasted it and found it to be quite bad. But as always when it comes to taste, it is very subjective. I believe you can find many much better Whiskeys at a lower price, and almost all whiskeys at the same price point are vastly better imo.

I don't think I have seen one single positive review to be honest.

Liquor. com gives it 1.5 out of 5

Business Insider says ""It smelled like ethanol and tasted only marginally better,"

Bloomberg said "If You Thought the McGregor Fight Was a Disaster, His Whiskey Is Worse"

But if you like it, good for you. I would recommend you try "Rebel Straight Bourbon 80 Proof", it is cheaper, and much better.

You are comparing bourbon to Irish whiskey? You’re talking and thinking out of your ass

Back