Review: Yokkao Muay Thai Gloves!

How much are you looking to get for the gloves? PM me details

It's got a lot going against it technically but they're fun to hit with. Not sure how to explain that even though they have a lot going against them I still use them. They're not my absolute favorite gloves but something about them I like.

It's got a lot going against it technically but they're fun to hit with. Not sure how to explain that even though they have a lot going against them I still use them. They're not my absolute favorite gloves but something about them I like.

They're red and shiny... :icon_lol:

Did you try the lighter on the velcro?

Not yet brotha. I haven't had time. I barely shaved for the wedding on Saturday lol. I think everyone has that one thing that isn't super good but they like a lot. Whether it be movies or a song. For example, I love the movie Napoleon Dynamite. I loved it that I had a huge debate with my fiance about naming my future son Napoleon. Not many people like that movie but I loved it. Same with these gloves but I wouldn't name my kid Yokkao. I like them even if they're not the best I've ever used. I think the score is pretty fair :)

Hey Clamp, I've been thinking very hard about carrying Yokkao equipment. I'm still on the fence about it.

What is your overall opinion of all their gear?

They're good but pricey for what you're getting. Not as good as Fairtex, better than Windy, and might be a tie with Twins. I do think that some people will love the hell out of them and others will feel the same as I do.

Clamp thank you for taking the time to write an informative review.

Yokkao products are available widely in Europe and Asia. We are shipping them from our warehouse in California and distributing their brand all over North America. We are offering great programs for gyms looking to get started with Yokkao.

You can view our catalog at
http://mmagalore.com/images/yokkao.pdf

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Train hard,

MMA Galore
[email protected]
www.mmagalore.com

Last edited:
This guy is legit. He is a cool guy to work with.

I tried out the Yokkao gloves while I was at 13 coins. I personally liked them more than twins, and found it was easier to make a fit. However most of the Yokkao gloves were falling apart. They've obviously seen lots of use being a tradition MT gym. However from looking at the community gear of 4 other MT gyms I went to in Thailand, Twins seems to hold up to continual abuse better.

Yeah I guess I do. I still like the solid colors better than the designs. I think the $40.00 is just for a fancier paint job, unless someone can clear that up. :)

Yeah I guess I do. I still like the solid colors better than the designs. I think the $40.00 is just for a fancier paint job, unless someone can clear that up. :)

You will have to leave the red ones on the porch so you can invest in another pair to review... :p:icon_lol:

Haha! I moved out of that neighborhood so no more of that...well maybe a higher probability of it if I'm not careful :)

Clamp how would you rank the thai brands in order? Would fairtex be top? Have you tried hayabusa gear or rival and how do they compare to the thai brands?

I'm not a big fan of Hayabusa and Rival is a good company. I'm not sure how to rank these with other companies because everyone has different tastes. I would say their gloves are in my top 5 Thai gloves though.

Wanted to post these new pictures in here: Also MMAgalore has 10% off if you register and use promo code: Yokkao101

Thanks Clamp, I want to get the Butterfly ones for my girlfriend to use as a second pair to the Windy's she is using now, I just do not see a 14 oz. option on their site. :(

Yeah I just checked and all I see is 12 oz. Sorry bud :(

Back