Review: Scramble Rainbow Spats

matumatu

White Belt
Reaction score
When I first saw Shinya Aoki grapple, I thought I wanted to be like him. With the Scramble Rainbow Spats, I

You planning on getting their urban camo ones? Those might be my next purchase.

Nope, cant afford/justify another pair right now, too many other places to sink my money in. :( But the urban camo ones look sweet as hell.

i just got some for xmas. they are pretty fucking bad ass. a nice detail that i didnt notice until i got them is there are guys doing BJJ in some of the pattern of the camo.

603253_4043928096149_479522752_n.jpg

i planning on picking up a pair of the solid blacks next time they have them on BJJHQ.

I tried on a pair of these and thought they were horrible. Too short in the alknles, and the waist area seemes really long, so that I had to pull them waaay up, which made them look totally ridiculous. On top of the, the material was super stretchy and extremely thin - so that they provided almost no protection or support. I gave them an emphatic thumbs down.

I found a pair of Nike Combat compression tights they are probably 5x the quality - thicker, more durable and supportive, for the same price. But they are not as colorful obviously.

I tried on a pair of these and thought they were horrible. Too short in the alknles, and the waist area seemes really long, so that I had to pull them waaay up, which made them look totally ridiculous. On top of the, the material was super stretchy and extremely thin - so that they provided almost no protection or support. I gave them an emphatic thumbs down.

I found a pair of Nike Combat compression tights they are probably 5x the quality - thicker, more durable and supportive, for the same price. But they are not as colorful obviously.

You ever look into other athletic brands? I've been looking at alternatives to compression stuff and there's much nicer, more functional gear out there meant for skiing, triathalons, etc. I figure if those athletes can wear it then surely we can. I've used an X-Bionic system and it served me well.

I'd like to try these out next because of the Spiderman look

Weird, it's the exact opposite for me (the bolded part) - the ankles have length to spare and I could use a bit more at the waist to pull them up.

Havent really tried other brands, if I ever get the chance, I'll be sure to compare them. :)

I have the camo spats as well!

Love them!

302835_10100110388642209_2110497163_n.jpg

how high do yours sit on the waist, also just how tight are they. how do they feel around your knees when they are completely bent? im trying to decide whether or not I need to exchange my pair. im 6'1" 160 and have the medium right now but the ride pretty low waist wise. also all the seems show the white stitching. wasnt sure if this was part of the design or if i was just over stretching them.

Last edited:
I got a pair of the rainbow spats off bjjhq a while back but they have a different waistband; it's got a drawstring inside and is the same colour as the spats.

I'm 6'1 and 200lbs and I mine are actually a bit longer than I would need. Maybe you got a size too small on them? I believe that mine are a large.

But, you can see that at 40 lbs below my current weight, they might be a bit baggy on you.

I'm 6'1 and 200lbs and I mine are actually a bit longer than I would need. Maybe you got a size too small on them? I believe that mine are a large.

But, you can see that at 40 lbs below my current weight, they might be a bit baggy on you.
thanks. fuck it, i bought a second pair in large today. ill try them both on in a row and return the ones that fit worse. thanks for the information, your reviews are always helpful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back