Retromaina, the offical sequal to the 90's arcade game Wrestlefest is set to realese this year.

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
This looks pretty cool. I used to play the shit out of Wrestlefest in the arcade. It's going to be on Steam, XB1, PS4, and Switch. They are able to use licensed wrestlers too as they have the rights to the original developer of the Wrestlefest game.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I have a ton of nostalgia for the original, but its gameplay wasn't even good back in the day and it's flaws and shortcomings are even more evident now. And yet, I still want to play this.

They have rights to the WrestleFest technology but they don't have the rights to the WWF roster
There won't be any WWF/WWE wrestlers in the game
The Road Warriors are in the game because WWE doesn't own the rights to that gimmick

They have NWA Powerrr wrestlers, as well as Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and some others I believe. From what I've seen it's got a good roster.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I have a ton of nostalgia for the original, but its gameplay wasn't even good back in the day and it's flaws and shortcomings are even more evident now. And yet, I still want to play this.
Same verbatim

They have NWA Powerrr wrestlers, as well as Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and some others I believe. From what I've seen it's got a good roster.
If they get Kaiju Big Battel then I'm All In

I've seen Stevie Richards show this on YouTube. I hope this comes out soon. Arcade wrestling games are criminally underproduced.

remember that WWF game with Ted DiBiase, Mr. Perfect, LOD etc.? people used to crowd around that game at the arcades.

Supposedly AEW has an AKI style game in the works as well so it looks like there'll finally be some alternatives to those shit show 2K games (since I don't count Fire Pro, more of a wrestling match sim).

I think I'll stick to Fire Pro World. I just don't have nostalgia for this I guess. I love watching some serious sims and diving deep in to customization.

I think I'll stick to Fire Pro World. I just don't have nostalgia for this I guess. I love watching some serious sims and diving deep in to customization.
How is the striking in that? I love Fire Pro on GBA and PS2, but the hit/hurtboxes are so specific that you have to be pixel perfect with everything. That really brings it down for me, and it's probably the sole reason I prefer the AKI games.

How is the striking in that? I love Fire Pro on GBA and PS2, but the hit/hurtboxes are so specific that you have to be pixel perfect with everything. That really brings it down for me, and it's probably the sole reason I prefer the AKI games.
Probably pretty similar to the older games. I personally like the way striking feels myself but I sim 99.999% of the time. AKI games were excellent, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is my Holy Grail of video games.

Agreed. I never liked the original so I'll stick to Fire Pro. Now a Saturday Night Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber 3 would be something...

Supposedly AEW has an AKI style game in the works as well so it looks like there'll finally be some alternatives to those shit show 2K games (since I don't count Fire Pro, more of a wrestling match sim).

I don't know what AEW is, but I'd buy a new AKI style wrestling game. Just played DJFFNY a few weeks ago.

I don't know what AEW is, but I'd buy a new AKI style wrestling game. Just played DJFFNY a few weeks ago.

"All Elite Wrestling". They're fairly new, but are run by billionaires who want to make a serious run competing with WWE. They've got a prime time cable slot and everything. They've also got a lot of talent, and have poached some fairly big names from the WWE, like Dean Ambrose. Can't say if it's been catching on, but with the shows I've seen, you can tell they mean business. It's all very professional looking, and they're packing fairly big arenas. They aren't some rinky dink start up promotion. They're all in.

As for a new wrestling game, I'm all for it, and it would be so easy to just take what AKI did with their N64 games, and bring it to the current gen. The tight controls and mechanics have never been improved upon, and it always blows me away that the WWE games got so far away from what made their games fun, with overly complicated bullshit and laughable physics and collision detection. Those old N64 games may look like shit, but they still play buttery smooth, and why no game has simply copy and pasted that formula is beyond me.

Agreed. I never liked the original so I'll stick to Fire Pro. Now a Saturday Night Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber 3 would be something...

If you're curious then check these out. Dusty Rhodes' sons (Goldust and Cody Rhodes) were in the promotion's first big match and they absolutely killed it.

Last edited:
Would be cool if they added some creation modes.

If you're curious then check these out. Dusty Rhodes' sons (Goldust and Cody Rhodes) were in the promotion's first big match and they absolutely killed it.

I believe cody Rhodes is one of the major ppl behind AEW

I believe cody Rhodes is one of the major ppl behind AEW
Yeah, he's one of the vice presidents. He seems to be doing a pretty decent job at the moment as well imo

Back