resurgence of islamic state, why not.

original doom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
as oil runs dry so does the wealth and western interference. so whats to stop a resurgent islamic state in the coming decades. the seeds have already been laid and the enemies have been sighted.

alawites, shias, kurds etc realistically have only been able to be able push back islamic state due to western arms ie the kurds were using american bomb runs as precursors to any offensives whilst syria has heavily relied on russia and iran.

i would imagine most posters are reasonably aware of the conflict so theres no point in waffling on yet as this war against IS nears its last stages the biggest question remains.

what exaclty stops a resurgence and will history just repeat itself.

There are a lot of benefits to living in an Islamic state if you are a straight male. I for one welcome our new overlords.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Islamic State depended on illegal oil revenues to operate in areas they occupy. Their fighters need to be paid in order to ensure loyalty, believe it or not.

In my opinion nothing can stop this train. The middle east is a mess because of several reasons.
The most important factors are:

- Middle East countries are driven by a violent religion. The Islam will never accept any form of secularity. The Islam is the state, the state is the Islam. This thinking will not change anytime soon.
- The Israel / Palestine conflict can't be solved. If you ask me, it will end in a slow genocide.
- With the rise of the kurds, the Middle East could even get a second Israel. In the eyes of many people Kurds try to steal land from Syria, Turks, Iraq and Iran. To sum it up, they piss people off in a way we can't even imagine.
- Muslims hate Christians and jews, but they also hate each other. Saudi Arabia vs Iran could be a war, which could reach WW level.
etc.

All these problems and wars constantly produce and feed a power vacuum, which can't be closed. Quite the contrary, several foreign powers like to push for regime changes, which will destabilize the region even more in future. The Muslims are also simply too stupid to understand this game.

In my opinion nothing can stop this train. The middle east is a mess because of several reasons.
The most important factors are:

- Middle East countries are driven by a violent religion. The Islam will never accept any form of secularity. The Islam is the state, the state is the Islam. This thinking will not change anytime soon.
- The Israel / Palestine conflict can't be solved. If you ask me, it will end in a slow genocide.
- With the rise of the kurds, the Middle East could even get a second Israel. In the eyes of many people Kurds try to steal land from Syria, Turks, Iraq and Iran. To sum it up, they piss people off in a way we can't even imagine.
- Muslims hate Christians and jews, but they also hate each other. Saudi Arabia vs Iran could be a war, which could reach WW level.
etc.

All these problems and wars constantly produce and feed a power vacuum, which can't be closed. Quite the contrary, several foreign powers like to push for regime changes, which will destabilize the region even more in future. The Muslims are also simply too stupid to understand this game.
The fact that the US has destabilized the region over 60+ years doesn’t make your list?

Remind me what IS was like under Saddam...

Remind me what Iran was like before we installed the Shah...

The ideology still exists so...of course it will rear its ugly head in this way again

Thanks to Mighty Trump and Putin : ISIS is wiped off the planet in Syria and IRAQ.
Obama did ZERO

The fact that the US has destabilized the region over 60+ years doesn’t make your list?

saddam was a brute.

Because Islamic State depended on illegal oil revenues to operate in areas they occupy. Their fighters need to be paid in order to ensure loyalty, believe it or not.

that may be true but are the southern iraqis, alawites/syrians, iranians etc etc any different. when that black gold runs out its not just islamic state revenue that gets cut off, its everyones. that oil money is the only force that offers any kind of stability. too sum it up, all MENA goes broke.

And the colonization and political fuckery for oil that followed. Africa with oil is what you have here. But no the religion is point no. 1.....

I dont see a solution. It seems everyone in that region is either determined to be ruled by religious dictators or are to cowardice to do anything to stop it.
When i was in Iraq we would ask the Iraqi's (mostly farmers and merchants) if they wanted the U.S. to leave? They would say yes of course. We would then ask them if they wanted Islamic rule and they would say no, they didnt want a religious government, they just wanted to be left alone and for a chance to provide for their families. So we would ask them if we left who would stop the religious people from taking over and EVERY time they didnt have an answer. They dont want to be ruled but have no desire to fight for themselves. They think everyone should just leave them alone to be farmers or whatever.
The middle east is fucked, it will always be fucked until religion is removed from the equation.
I look at it like America in the beginning when we were all Puritan and highly religious. If that mentality never changed regardless of time or technology we would be the same way but with different religious rules.
Religion should be removed from the planet or at least made to be completely seperate from the governement. That would solve a lot of problems even here in the U.S.

I dont see a solution. It seems everyone in that region is either determined to be ruled by religious dictators or are to cowardice to do anything to stop it.
When i was in Iraq we would ask the Iraqi's (mostly farmers and merchants) if they wanted the U.S. to leave? They would say yes of course. We would then ask them if they wanted Islamic rule and they would say no, they didnt want a religious government, they just wanted to be left alone and for a chance to provide for their families. So we would ask them if we left who would stop the religious people from taking over and EVERY time they didnt have an answer. They dont want to be ruled but have no desire to fight for themselves. They think everyone should just leave them alone to be farmers or whatever.
The middle east is fucked, it will always be fucked until religion is removed from the equation.
I look at it like America in the beginning when we were all Puritan and highly religious. If that mentality never changed regardless of time or technology we would be the same way but with different religious rules.
Religion should be removed from the planet or at least made to be completely seperate from the governement. That would solve a lot of problems even here in the U.S.

Agreed, a trend needs to start where it is made fun of/looked down at. Because it will always be here so to try and remove it is a lost cause.

How much Saudi and other oil state money backs then generally as well? generally Islamic extremist tends to depend quite heavily on shipping in foreigners.

Generally I think its much more a product of oil and the war that follows than it is being held back by them.

And the colonization and political fuckery for oil that followed. Africa with oil is what you have here. But no the religion is point no. 1.....

It's hilarious that these idiots are using Saudi Arabia/Iran as an example of Islamic doctrinal infighting. Every relatively educated citizen in either of those countries realizes that religious doctrine has absolutely nothing to do with the countries' rivalry. The rivalry is 100% based off of geopolitical interests and alliances. If the Saudis hadn't taken the side of the United States during the Shah era there would be no rivalry at all, and Shia would continue to live as a peaceful minority in Saudi Arabia and vice versa.

as oil runs dry so does the wealth and western interference. so whats to stop a resurgent islamic state in the coming decades. the seeds have already been laid and the enemies have been sighted.

alawites, shias, kurds etc realistically have only been able to be able push back islamic state due to western arms ie the kurds were using american bomb runs as precursors to any offensives whilst syria has heavily relied on russia and iran.

i would imagine most posters are reasonably aware of the conflict so theres no point in waffling on yet as this war against IS nears its last stages the biggest question remains.

what exaclty stops a resurgence and will history just repeat itself.

You might find this thread interesting if you believe in the destruction of ISIS:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...raw-and-leave-rural-areas-to-taliban.3803583/

No need for that. Violence is in their culture of the powerful, all the way back when Muhammad died and his relatives were killed off one by one, and Allah didn't even send a fireball or a thunderbolt (unlike in Yahweh's case, according to the bible) against the perpetrators. They learned to take matters into their own hands and shed the blood of their enemy then use religion as their justification.

The Middle East was a horribly violent place looooong before the USA was even a country.

Back