Results for Overall Gi Ranking from the New BJJ Gi Survey

BorisBJJ

White Belt
Reaction score
After getting over 1000 responses on my survey and having a statistician process the data I have released the graphs which display the Overall Gi Ranking.

Head to my blog to see the results:

Jiu Jitsu Theory and Practice

The differences in the Sirius rankings are quite interesting. One thing that may also have affected that is that they haven't put out new products in a bit. Comparing them to older mundials is different than comparing them to the new ones with rip stop pants and other improvements from the 5's.

(I like Sirius a lot and so do several purples and browns at my school, not many people actually have Atama's at my gym though).

Really surprised to see Breakpoint as the number one gi. Probably going to buy one and try it out. Heck their ultra lights are just around $85.

Wow, Torah exists on a ranking. I suddenly feel worth a lot more as a a human being.

Damn! I thought this was going to be a ranking of fighters!! LOL I came in expecting to see Roger with a big lead over a clumped pack of Xande, Marcelo, Cobrinha, etc. Good info though! I have a P&S and love it.

I seriously thought this was a ranking of the best gi competitors in the world.......... maybe its cause i don't train in a gi.

I find the results interesting... I had never heard of breakpoint, only recently heard of shoyoroll, and quite a few of these gi's I have never seen anyone wear when training (I used to travel a lot so I have been to quite a few different gyms).
It does seem that for some of these gi's people are not taking into consideration price. I like my HCK single unbleached better than my other gi's because of the price to quality ratio.

Interesting. I'm kind of an Atama guy personally, I love my Mundial 7.

I'm curious to know where the official Gracie Barra gis would fall into that ranking, because I just started training at a GB school and I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on an official GB gi.

Interesting. I'm kind of an Atama guy personally, I love my Mundial 7.

I'm curious to know where the official Gracie Barra gis would fall into that ranking, because I just started training at a GB school and I'm not sure if I want to spend the money on an official GB gi.

Going to be a pretty limited population to get data from on those. Of all those sampled, the only ones who might rank them would be from GB schools, so you're only getting a slice of the pie.

That being said, I like mine fine. It fits me well, has proven durable, and no shrinking issues (as long as it's cold washed and air dried). Mine has mainly been relegated to competition duty since I got my Koral Light. It's nice to wear to represent GB, but I like the lighter weight gi in these warmer months.

Can you buy a breakpoint with out the BP on the front? I just don't feel comfortable sporting those initials these days.

personally i prefer keiko's shoulder fit to shoyorolls... i haven't tried breakpoint's though

I've had multiple people recommend the Fushida gis for the lanky grappler. Might want to have a look.

I find the thing with Koral to be interesting. Lot of potential causes for that.

Back