Rest days

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I'm perfectly capable of going down to the gym today, but I've been training every day, often twice a day. I'm sure it's just like lifting weights where you need some actual rest days. This is killing me though.

Not really. If you feel good, go. If you don't feel like it, don't. Most people take at least 1 day a week off, but if your training isn't super-grueling that isn't absolutely necessary. You need rest after lifts to rebuild muscle, but cardio you can build day in and day out, all week long. When your body needs to repair, you will feel it.

Don't burn yourself out though. Mental overtraining is perhaps more problematic than physical.

Well, i figured I was using muscle that needed to be repaired. Also, the constant banging around, jarring of your body, etc would take it's toll. Oh well. Class has already been going for 45 minutes and it'd be pointless to show up now.

You are using muscle that needs to be repaired. REST. If you train twice a day, I'd cut it down to 5x/week and rest 2 days. But that's me.

yeah, either that or get a pretty decent injury. that'll give you a BJJ vacation.

This lead to me tearing my achilles partially and having horrible charlie-horses from lack of hydration most days. Now I am on a 3-6 month BJJ vacation which really sucks. Take time to take care of yourself. REST!!!

I'm perfectly capable of going down to the gym today, but I've been training every day, often twice a day. I'm sure it's just like lifting weights where you need some actual rest days. This is killing me though.

Where do you train?

Should have just went and practiced light. Don't let your ego get in the way of your thinking "Well I trained all week so.....". It just gets easier and easier not to go.

I train weight lifting (bill star 5x5 prog) and do bjj 2x plus sub wrestling 1 a week.. I have to say, I am always nakered, but I sleep like 12hours on saturday and sunday.. that's when I get my rest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back