Respect to Siver

Siver went for it for sure. The man went out on his shield.

I wonder if he can drop to 135lbs... He seemed so small next to Connor.

It's not that Siver is small, it's just that Conor is quite big for a featherweight and IMO 1 or 2 weightclasses below his natural weight.

8d4e2d501bd311e38dba22000a1f97e5_7.jpg

He is still number one to me!

Same here. Siver and Cerrone have been my favorite fighters since at least the merger.

I don't like to follow the top guys. That's a dilemma for me since I liked Dillashaw and Weidmann coming up and now they're champs (which wasn't surprising with Weidman, but Dillashaw wasn't supposed to be that good). If Cerrone and Michael Johnson win championships I'll really be in rough shape.

Respek. His spinning back kicks were a thing of beauty. Always liked the guy.

I've always liked Siver and how can you not respect him going out there like a warrior and going for it.

I think Siver did exceptionally well and really showed his gamesmanship
& professionalism. He doesn't get nearly enough credit around here and the guy has been a top tier UFC fighter for years now ...maybe not top 5 but certainly top 15-10. With that being said, it was interesting to see Conor fight someone with a striking background for the first time. People say it was tailor made for Conor, but the truth is, it could probably be one of his toughest tests at FW and I think time will prove that. I think it was a Cummins/DC type situation where the future will see Conor completely starch guys like Lamas, Mendes and Edgar and reveal Siver to be more legitimate than small pee-peed GOAT-haters would have you believe.

As a big Conor fan...

Respect to Siver. Guy is tough as nails, and he wasn't afraid. He just got outworked. No point in rubbing it in, that dude is a badass.

All you Siver fans out there, hold your heads high. Especially the ones who still kept their Siver AVs, instead of jumping ship right after. :)

I am down with that. I have never been a fan, personally. All the credit to Siver for taking the fight, though. He is a good fighter.

I am down with that. I have never been a fan, personally. All the credit to Siver for taking the fight, though. He is a good fighter.

True, Siver is a good fighter and looks like a miniature Brock Lesnar that has better stand up, but Siver is not as good at wrestling as Lesnar.

McGregor is obviously talented enough that Siver was not a real challenge, fact is he took a step back in competition

Easy to say now Siver is a warrior or something but Siver did exactly what i expected him to do, didn't get beat mentally and wasn't good enough to compete. No shame in that for Siver but there could have been a better fight to earn a title shot than that.

Lol at natural body type

Cheap shot for a guy that's likely never dedicated more than 1% of what Siver has to the sport. He's a boxy thick duder, regardless of supplement.

Show some respect, jackass.

Respect to Siver but he wasn't a top10 guy going into the Connor fight - anyone pretending that he was is just ignorant of disingenuous.

Siver hit Mcgoat with a good kick or two. He was respectful and honest in the post presser.

Just wanted to say thanks for bringing some calm and respect back. I know what you did and thank you. I get that Siver isn't a fan favorite or the type to attract many fans but he deserves respect too. So thanks my man.

No problem. The nature of the game is that they win some, they lose some. Respect should remain the same.

Siver fan for life. He was a lamb to the slaughter, but g'damn did he not flinch for a second. He went for it and went out on his shield like a warrior.

Always...... I mean always.... a Siver fan.

That pretty much says it. Like Quarry vs Franklin, like Hardy vs GSP, like Perosh vs Cro Cop, like Maldonado vs Glover... Brought in to be sacrificed, but he gave it all he had.

Back