• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Respect to Eddie Alvarez

He said something really interesting concerning his loss in BKFC 56.

They asked him "what the difference was" between Bare Knuckle Fight Club and MMA (or boxing).

Alvarez said,
"You have to accept the fact you're going to take serious damage.
In MMA, you can get away with being 'an athlete'; in boxing, you can get away with 'being an athlete.'
In bareknuckle fighting, you have to be a fighter. You have to be willing to accept the punishment."

Dude was crazy to come up in weight and face a guy like Mike Perry (who annihilated the bigger Luke Rockhold), but Eddie did it.

Looks like they may even have a rematch.

Hespect.
The post fight damage on his face says it all.

Early UFC guys fought bareknuckle as well. Tank Abbott was the first guy to wear his version of MMA gloves at UFC 6. Boxer Melton Bowen may have worn something similar at UFC 4 and of course Art Jimmerson wore the infamous one boxing glove...but I'm pretty sure everyone else was bareknuckled for a while.
Not UFC but Chuck Pele was bareknuckle.

I wish he used his wrestling & gnp like this a bit more after his chin was cracked.

Imagine if someone like Paddy Pimblett quit like this ya'll would be singing a different tune. lmfao

Are there any gifs? I see nothing posted when I look at New Posts.

Not UFC but Chuck Pele was bareknuckle.

I wish he used his wrestling & gnp like this a bit more after his chin was cracked.

Chuck also had pretty good kicks from his Kenpo background but didn't use them much either after falling in love with his hands. Funny that the same thing happened with his rival Rampage who pretty much became a pure boxer.

If he would’ve came out for the next round he could’ve won the fight, he wrecked Perry’s face and was rocking him with jabs.
I think the tide was turning against him. He was having more trouble keeping Plats off him

Post fight interviews show both faces damaged. Imho Perry's speech sounded like he had a mouthful of marbles. His diction was definitely bad, courtesy of Eddie.

Glad this only went 2 rounds, for both of these badasses. Looks like it will be a minimum of several weeks or more for both guys to heal up.

Edit : Both post BKFC interviews are somewhere below and They Both Rock.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
the bare knuckle thing is just kinda disturbing, if you ask me. i mean i've been watching mma for years and obviously love it, but watching teeth fly and faces being wrecked is just a little too reminiscent of ufc 1 for me, the dark ages and all that.

Hespect Eddie ur a JBG Legend

Eddie looked good - Perry just too big, too tough and too fucking crazy

Yeah, not exactly sure how the One FC hydration/weight testing is done, Eddie looks like a dwarf in comparison

Great video if you have the time.

TLDR: you are correct. The OneFC hydration testing and also the NCAA hydration testing has been figured out and there is now (has been for years in college wrestling apparently) a known method to beat it and cut possibly MORE weight in a significantly more dangerous way that straps all the electrolytes out of the body.

Great video if you have the time.

TLDR: you are correct. The OneFC hydration testing and also the NCAA hydration testing has been figured out and there is now (has been for years in college wrestling apparently) a known method to beat it and cut possibly MORE weight in a significantly more dangerous way that straps all the electrolytes out of the body.

Cool! Will check this out, thanks for sharing

I like how various fighters at the post fight were trying to get a fight w perry like he's Conor Mcgregor. Good for Perry. It aint no easy way to make a livin,but its also prob the only way for him lol

Didn’t Alvarez have a broken orbital bone?

Man, that was a crazy fight.
Respect if you do something stupid. He jumped in front of the train, yeah big respect for doing so.

This. I don't get why people are giving him props when he quit. And WTF is the rematch talk about? lol
this is the most amount of damage I've seen him face. He thought he had a broken orbital, and he might have, havent followed up.

if he felt something not right and did not continue, perfectly fine with that, he took a huge amount of damage.

Quitting on the stool is the most embarrassing way to lose.

Lost hespect for Edgy Alvarez. Tbh.

Except, he didn't quit (not willingly, at least). His trainer called off the fight.

Luke Rockhold (on the other hand) quit.

Back