• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Resources For Greco Roman Wrestling Basics?

markantony20

Cesar was never my friend.
@Brown
Reaction score
Hello everyone I hope you’re having a good day. I was just wondering if there are any good resources for learning Greco Roman wrestling basics? Be it DVDs on demand videos or books.

I live in a place with 0 wrestling culture and there are no clubs/academies I can join nearby but I’m very interested in wrestling particularly Greco Roman wrestling.

A lot of the instructional material I find seems to be under the assumption that the reader/viewer is already familiar with wrestling and seem to focus on improving an already existing game rather than help you build one. I understand this is probably because they’re made in the USA where wrestling clubs are common and literally in built into the school system.

Could anyone please recommend me some sources that will cover the basics of Greco Roman wrestling?

Any contribution will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Some posters have linked amazing vids to some pretty good channels in my thread about Freestyle wrestling without shooting for the legs.

You don’t have any mma gyms around where you live?
I do and I’ve been scouting them out trouble is though that since there is very little wrestling culture where i live not many of them have a dedicated wrestling program.

But there are a few so I’ll just need to see if I can balance the travel time to them with work and studying and stuff.

Coincidentally Scrappy MMA have a wrestling team and that’s the same gym Jack Della Madelana fights out of so I’m thinking of going their I’m just not sure if they do Greco stuff.

I do and I’ve been scouting them out trouble is though that since there is very little wrestling culture where i live not many of them have a dedicated wrestling program.

But there are a few so I’ll just need to see if I can balance the travel time to them with work and studying and stuff.

Coincidentally Scrappy MMA have a wrestling team and that’s the same gym Jack Della Madelana fights out of so I’m thinking of going their I’m just not sure if they do Greco stuff.
Even if they don’t do Greco or whatever it’s infinitely better than watching dvds and practicing in your garage with a dummy or a friend.

Plus you can always supplement your actual training by watching pure greco dvds and do what you were gonna do anyway.

USA wrestling's curriculum is good for understanding the modern state of things, for historical resources theres a lot of chronicles and sources from the Roman period

Posted by USA wrestling themselves. A playlist.

Extensive playlist
Oh and check out this book
511ZMzhjK9L._AC_UF700,800_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

If you find some good resources, pls do tell. :)
I read a good porti9n of the wrestling drill book. Chapter 6 and 7 are good. It's just conditioning exercises for wrestling.
But I saw you beeded help with just the basic knowledge of wrestling so that should do you good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back